Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss how he was lazy and wasteful when he was here, yet hes the third coming of jesus since hes gone.
Yes he could be frustratingly selfish in games and inconsistent between them but that is true of most wingers including our current best Mirallas.

He was a 20 year old kid new to the league and had a bad hamstring injury during the season. Still scored the same # of goals as Di Maria has in far less minutes - the lad has talent.

Yes he could be frustratingly selfish in games and inconsistent between them but that is true of most wingers including our current best Mirallas.

He was a 20 year old kid new to the league and had a bad hamstring injury during the season. Still scored the same # of goals as Di Maria has in far less minutes - the lad has talent.
Dont get me wrong id have him back in a flash, but id have several wingers ahead of him first.

For example Id be disappointed if we got rid of Kev and Del was his replacement. If he came in along with another high profile winger id be sound then

Dont get me wrong id have him back in a flash, but id have several wingers ahead of him first.

For example Id be disappointed if we got rid of Kev and Del was his replacement. If he came in along with another high profile winger id be sound then
Tbh so would I, Perisic for example, as his talent is developed rather than potential.

But after this season we might not be able to get a winger of that quality and since Geri has had a miserable season as well we might be able to sign him.

Tbh so would I, Perisic for example, as his talent is developed rather than potential.

But after this season we might not be able to get a winger of that quality and since Geri has had a miserable season as well we might be able to sign him.
Stop teasing me like that now...

I remember him in the first half at Fulham last season in the League Cup when he was playing on instinct and was unplayable, but in the second half when we were losing and he had to stop and make some decisions rather than just going for it, he looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Raw, inexperienced, arrogant but tons of potential. I would have him back at the right price, as long as he was allowed to develop his talent over the next few years rather than being viewed as some instant messiah.

I remember him in the first half at Fulham last season in the League Cup when he was playing on instinct and was unplayable, but in the second half when we were losing and he had to stop and make some decisions rather than just going for it, he looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Raw, inexperienced, arrogant but tons of potential. I would have him back at the right price, as long as he was allowed to develop his talent over the next few years rather than being viewed as some instant messiah.
He clearly needs stability and to work with a Manager and team he is happy with for a few seasons, or he will be a wasted talent.
Barcelona need to do the right thing here and let the boy go for his own good.

Think he was also exhausted in that second half, the previous league cup game against Stevenage I thought he was going to collapse on the pitch at one point in extra time.

Took him a while to cope with the physicality, by the end of the season he was handling it much better and he hit the gym over the summer.

10868024_10152625864796386_3155078518068815412_n.webp

@barcastuff: Full-time: Villarreal-Sevilla 0-2. Denis Suarez stayed on the bench the whole game, Deulofeu not in match squad
Apparently the rumour is that Barca are bringing back both due to the transfer ban and Emery isn't playing either because he was hoping to sign both on perms in the summer.

Personally I think it's because neither are good enough for the Europa League holders and CL chasing team that are a place behind A Madrid in the table and he doesn't want to develop another team's players. But call me crazy.

Or the game against Stevenage in his debut.

Or the game against Stoke where he tore them apart singlehandedly playing on the left and cutting in and linking up which was when I thought he was best.

Or...

There was enough in Del's loan to show his potential. Getting him on a perm would be incredible however I'm not sure if another loan would suit anyone.

Apparently the rumour is that Barca are bringing back both due to the transfer ban and Emery isn't playing either because he was hoping to sign both on perms in the summer.

Personally I think it's because neither are good enough for the Europa League holders and CL chasing team that are a place behind A Madrid in the table and he doesn't want to develop another team's players. But call me crazy.
But iirc Barca knew about the transfer ban before the loans to Sevilla were initially made, so how does that make this summer any different for them to last summer when neither was good enough to make the first team anyway? And Emery has shown little fondness for Deulofeu, in contrast he has several times criticised him in public and surely an inter club argument wouldn't stop you from putting a useful player on the bench.

Agree with your interpretation that Emery doesn't think either are good enough. Whether we should think the same is a different matter.

who would you have in front of him?

who would you have in front of him?
I suppose most people would answer that with Yarmolenko, Persic, Konoplynka etc but they're all 25 years old and reaching their peak.

Deulofeu is 21 and won't peak for another 3 or 4 years both in terms of performances and value. By then those players will be on the decline.

Given Deulofeu's age I don't see too many I would have before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back