Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see him going back to Barca at all...he loves it here.

The clauses mean nothing unless he asks to leave.

Were on more of a level playing field now as well with TV money. Should bid for some of their players :)

Were on more of a level playing field now as well with TV money. Should bid for some of their players :)

I wouldn't say it's a level playing field, what's Messi on around £300,000-£450,000 a week? That's probably about the same as most of our starting 11 combined haha

To be honest i disagree, think he is itchy here as much as he would be anywhere else. He strikes me as the type of lad who gets home sick, hence partly the reason why he wanted to play for barca so much rather than live in England.

So far this season he has pleased me, looks like the talent he was thought to be, not talented enough that he would displace anybody in the barca squad. Said it before, first choice winger every week for me, he is as unpredictable as rooney was

Well, i did say "more" of a level playing field.

We dont need to tske £40mil bids for players and with the new TV money as well as a number of players running out of contract at the end of the season we should have the ability to go after one or two of their fringe players....not quite the Messi's of course :)

I wouldn't say it's a level playing field, what's Messi on around £300,000-£450,000 a week? That's probably about the same as most of our starting 11 combined haha

Check out some of his recent interviews....seems 100% happy and excited to be part of something here...can see were building something special etc

To be honest i disagree, think he is itchy here as much as he would be anywhere else. He strikes me as the type of lad who gets home sick, hence partly the reason why he wanted to play for barca so much rather than live in England.

So far this season he has pleased me, looks like the talent he was thought to be, not talented enough that he would displace anybody in the barca squad. Said it before, first choice winger every week for me, he is as unpredictable as rooney was

When Wee Mikky was in his prime he had Xavi, Iniesta and Xavi Alonso ahead of him.

He would have run up 50 or 60 caps for England.

Same with Gerald....he would already be featuring in the England senior squad happen he was English.

There are probably some good boys ahead of him at Spain level.

Whose ahead of him?

Must be two amazing players....

Last edited:
When Wee Mikky was in his prime he had Xavi, Iniesta and Xavi Alonso ahead of him.

He would have run up 50 or 60 caps for England.

Same with Gerald....he would already be featuring in the England senior squad happen he was English.

There are probably some good boys and of him at Spain level.

I remember when Arteta was absolutely flying one of the best players in the prem at the time, then Albert Riera got in the squad ahead of him. Some of the selections they had for squads during that time was a joke. If you didn't play in la liga or for Liverpool you may as well have forgotten about the Spain squad. Criminal Arteta never got a senior cap.

I remember when Arteta was absolutely flying one of the best players in the prem at the time, then Albert Riera got in the squad ahead of him. Some of the selections they had for squads during that time was a joke. If you didn't play in la liga or for Liverpool you may as well have forgotten about the Spain squad. Criminal Arteta never got a senior cap.

This is my biggest fear about our prospects of keeping hold of Del for more than this season and next.

At some stage, sooner rather than later, he will probably feel the need to be playing in La Liga in order to cement a place in the international squad.

Well if rumours of Inaki williams are correct then gives more reason for their scouts to watch us...

Cant hurt to have 2 players trying to get into the spain squad.....

This is my biggest fear about our prospects of keeping hold of Del for more than this season and next.

At some stage, sooner rather than later, he will probably feel the need to be playing in La Liga in order to cement a place in the international squad.

I think he will be o.k you know mate. He's u21 captain, playing well for them. He's getting game time with us and performing well and every game getting fitter and fitter. I've no doubt he will go back to Spain in about 2 years but in the meantime if he keeps going the way he is I wouldn't be surprised to see him get given a game for the full Spanish side and an outside chance of making the squad.

Certainly we are giving him every opportunity to impress. All we need is to get to the CC final and Del to have a blinder and win us the cup, that will get him a bit more recognition I reckon.

By staying in England we'll make him a better player than if he'd have started on the loan merry-go-round in Spain I'm sure. He's playing well for us and the U21's and Spain at some point will need to start replacing some of their older stars. We'll give him the mentality and fortitude to make it for the full national team.

By the end of this season I reckon Ged will be ahead of Barkley in terms of most people's perception.

I think our little Spaniards has much greater potential and will really show it this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back