Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barca come back in for him, he'll have probably got us into the top four.

Unless that happens, I wouldn't worry.

And as the melts over on RAWK say, we obviously have no chance cos' they're already there apparently. What with Sako, the best CB in the league playing for them...

Have you seen the way that kid brings the ball out from the back though, poetry in motion and probably the best french centre back that ever existed. Shame his knee feel off last week.

If Barca come back in for him, he'll have probably got us into the top four.

Unless that happens, I wouldn't worry.

And as the melts over on RAWK say, we obviously have no chance cos' they're already there apparently. What with Sako, the best CB in the league playing for them...

Heard one saying the other day that Stones and England would benefit from him playing under Klopp and learning from Sakho. Nearly spat my pint out. One of the world's best centrebacks 'learning' from the leader of the comedy circus that is Liverpool's defence. May as well go the whole hog and have him take some lessons from Lovren as well, unbelievable.

Heard one saying the other day that Stones and England would benefit from him playing under Klopp and learning from Sakho. Nearly spat my pint out. One of the world's best centrebacks 'learning' from the leader of the comedy circus that is Liverpool's defence. May as well go the whole hog and have him take some lessons from Lovren as well, unbelievable.

Thing is, I'm by no means saying our defence is the best in the league. But I just can't get to grips with how highly they rate Sako. He's a decent defender, and probably they're best, but I wouldn't want him in our back four.

And if Stones played for them I'm sure he'd be the best in the world already...

I think most Evertonians will admit that they've got some very good players... Sturridge (when fit), Coutinho (though he goes through spells of doing nothing and then spells of being brilliant), Benteke is i'd say maybe more of a rounded forward than Rom, not necessarily better, Firmino if he finds the form he had before his move - and nodding dog and Milner are both good players.

But in Stones I firmly believe we've got one of the top 5 young players in Europe(21 and under, say).

And he's only going to get better.

I remember when Arteta was absolutely flying one of the best players in the prem at the time, then Albert Riera got in the squad ahead of him. Some of the selections they had for squads during that time was a joke. If you didn't play in la liga or for Liverpool you may as well have forgotten about the Spain squad. Criminal Arteta never got a senior cap.

Was surprised he never played for England to be honest

Thing is, I'm by no means saying our defence is the best in the league. But I just can't get to grips with how highly they rate Sako. He's a decent defender, and probably they're best, but I wouldn't want him in our back four.

And if Stones played for them I'm sure he'd be the best in the world already...

I think most Evertonians will admit that they've got some very good players... Sturridge (when fit), Coutinho (though he goes through spells of doing nothing and then spells of being brilliant), Benteke is i'd say maybe more of a rounded forward than Rom, not necessarily better, Firmino if he finds the form he had before his move - and nodding dog and Milner are both good players.

But in Stones I firmly believe we've got one of the top 5 young players in Europe(21 and under, say).

And he's only going to get better.

If Firmino had produced half of what Deulofeu has this season the media jizz fest would be unbelievable. As it is a player who cost 29 million pounds can't get into the team of a side who are 10th and has zero goals and assists. He's on to replicate Downings 'invincible' season. Not one word in the media about it though. Meanwhile there is a player who was a snip at 4 mill and is behind only Ozil in the prem assists charts despite being in and out of the team and injured. Has there been any hype around that? No. Deulofeu would already be the new Messi if he was playing for Liverpool now. I dare not imagine the gushing from their fans and media if they had Stones Barkley Rom and Del in their side. It would be never ending and Barkley would probably be England captain already.

If Firmino had produced half of what Deulofeu has this season the media jizz fest would be unbelievable. As it is a player who cost 29 million pounds can't get into the team of a side who are 10th and has zero goals and assists. He's on to replicate Downings 'invincible' season. Not one word in the media about it though. Meanwhile there is a player who was a snip at 4 mill and is behind only Ozil in the prem assists charts despite being in and out of the team and injured. Has there been any hype around that? No. Deulofeu would already be the new Messi if he was playing for Liverpool now. I dare not imagine the gushing from their fans and media if they had Stones Barkley Rom and Del in their side. It would be never ending and Barkley would probably be England captain already.
Possibly this post best belongs in the Martinez thread, but why, given we have all these potential media gushing players, are we only mid table?. I genuinely believe, like you, we have four players on the pitch, (Stones Barkley Rom and Del) who are genuine top,top class talent...shouldn't Everton be higher positioned??

Possibly this post best belongs in the Martinez thread, but why, given we have all these potential media gushing players, are we only mid table?. I genuinely believe, like you, we have four players on the pitch, (Stones Barkley Rom and Del) who are genuine top,top class talent...shouldn't Everton be higher positioned??

We have had a difficult start, but then again it's no different to the teams that everyone else will face at some point.

I think the main positive for me is that we're seeing better football than we did last year, and we're showing that we can score goals. The main concern for me is that we seem to have to a goal down/very lucky to not concede to get sparked into life... and so I stay slightly on topic it's often Del that provided the impetus to do so (even in a really poor (by his standards) derby performance he was the one who delivered a brilliant cross that Liverpool's 'extraordinary' back line failed to clear - Can, wasn't it?).

I think performances like Southampton, Chelsea and the second half against West Brom/Sunderland show what we are capable of.

We haven't lost to anyone who realistically we had a good chance of beating, bar maybe Man Utd - but on the day they were the better side and played us perfectly.

Arsenal we were poor but actually still caused them trouble and in the end were quite unlucky not to knick a point - even though they deserved the win. City were better than us pure and simple.

We've got a young side and we're getting better and better. Rom is looking like he's gonna bag 20 in the league this season as well. If we can get 6 points from Villa and Bournemouth, it can set us up for a good run towards Christmas.

Tim Howard and his six yard box phobia may have something to do with it

Dont think any of them are right wingers...

In terms of players that can go on the right, he's got to fend off Mata, Silva and Isco. Pretty bloody hefty. Although to be fair he's a very different type of player so you can certainly see him getting subbed in for the last 20 minutes against a tired defence.

Tim Howard plus the fact that we've had 2 or 3 of our starting back four out all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back