Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolito i suppose would be the benchmark for Deulofeu....i think hes the most similar but after him no one i can think of....

Would be great for him to get into the squad at least, he has the pedigree.

Mata can, and certainly Isco. But Spain don't play with right wingers do they?

Basically he's got no chance right now with the players they've got. Needs to do what he's doing now for now a good two years consistently.

I thought later it was established that those quotes were made up (could be wrong though)...

Actually, just thinking about it having Barkley playing tonight + Pique selecting Stones in his "World 11" and with Deulofeu being Spanish U21 Captain of course surely means we, as a club are getting a fair bit of notice over in Spain.

Not to mention Martinez being Spanish...could all help us to bring over one or two Spanish players.

I'm pretty certain he said it, despite what Barca apologists would have you believe

Mata can, and certainly Isco. But Spain don't play with right wingers do they?

Basically he's got no chance right now with the players they've got. Needs to do what he's doing now for now a good two years consistently.

Can you imagine where we could be with two years of this sort of form consistently?? I don't think he even necessarily needs Lukaku - I think most premier league strikers could score plenty with him around, he puts it on a plate for them

Can you imagine where we could be with two years of this sort of form consistently?? I don't think he even necessarily needs Lukaku - I think most premier league strikers could score plenty with him around, he puts it on a plate for them

Hmm, maybe. But can you imagine where we'd be if we had him in this form for 2 years with Lukaku still at the club?

*drools

Nolito i suppose would be the benchmark for Deulofeu....i think hes the most similar but after him no one i can think of....

Would be great for him to get into the squad at least, he has the pedigree.

Nolito is nothing like Del, Zat.

He's more similar to Mirallas, but even that is a tenuous one.

Nolito is nothing like Del, Zat.

He's more similar to Mirallas, but even that is a tenuous one.

really reall admire Nolito. Everything he says is perfect about stay at celta, but yeah, he's not a winger, a pienaar type who scores loads.
is jesus navas still in that spanish squad? because if he is then that's astounding, he's abysmal, utterly abysmal, deulofeu has raced past him this season.

Something he said in an interview recently has made me think he really does want to be here and win things with us.

"Others might constantly look back and wonder (about leaving Barcelona), but with me that's not the case. I want to have my career, not sit on the bench."

I really think the lad has divorced emotionally himself from Barca, accepted the fact that if he'd stayed there he'd be wasting his career. He doesn't want to be a player who barely scrapes 10 appearances per season but still ends up being given medals and tagging along with the first-team in the photographs of them holding up the trophies. He wants to achieve things on his own with his own club, that club being us. Fair play to him, hopefully he's with us for a long time and we achieve great things.

I think that can be the only reason...potentially exciting news especially with the January players being available to them after their ban they may have a few to move on loan / permanently...

Hopefully, although it might have been to discuss a loan of another Barca player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back