Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched large chunks of Real Madrid's game and Barcelona's game last weekend and thought how much La Liga teams have moved on. Tikki-tikka seems to have been replaced by more direct play, everybody involved, moving the ball around quickly and I was thinking afterwards no wonder Gerard get plenty of stick for his play last season. Compared to the guys playing he is often out of the game for long periods , cutting a lonely figure on his wing. He needs to be going inside , looking for the ball , playing it off , seeking returns rather than just waiting until he gets the ball when he can be brilliant whether it's taking on opponents or supplying a killer cross.
I don't think he'll succeed in Spain until he adds clever industry to his game. At 21,he's got time to develop . Having thought all that , it would seem that last night he did raise his game , add industry and went looking for the ball all over the place judging by the clips of the game. I hope we can hold onto him for two years and watch him develop into a superstar.

This is my biggest fear about our prospects of keeping hold of Del for more than this season and next.

At some stage, sooner rather than later, he will probably feel the need to be playing in La Liga in order to cement a place in the international squad.

Surely he can get promoted through performing for the U21s if he keeps up his current form for them. If he keeps scoring hatricks and assisting for fun whilst being their captain, surely it'd be unfair not to give him the opportunity at some point.

I think he will be o.k you know mate. He's u21 captain, playing well for them. He's getting game time with us and performing well and every game getting fitter and fitter. I've no doubt he will go back to Spain in about 2 years but in the meantime if he keeps going the way he is I wouldn't be surprised to see him get given a game for the full Spanish side and an outside chance of making the squad.

Certainly we are giving him every opportunity to impress. All we need is to get to the CC final and Del to have a blinder and win us the cup, that will get him a bit more recognition I reckon.

Is that all! Orders the champagne

Surely he can get promoted through performing for the U21s if he keeps up his current form for them. If he keeps scoring hatricks and assisting for fun whilst being their captain, surely it'd be unfair not to give him the opportunity at some point.

Fairness doesn't come into it, alas.

If there was any fairness Mikkel Arteta woukd not be capless.

The reported buy back fees are rather low.

Unfortunately if he continues how he currently is you have to wonder how long he'll be about.

Unfortunately if he continues how he currently is you have to wonder how long he'll be about.

Yep, but they're only low for Barca, who don't really need him at the moment. Deulofeu in the form he's in right now still sits on the bench at best back at Camp Nou. You get the feeling he'd prefer to be playing every week.

I think we'll keep him for at least two seasons. If he really kicks on maybe Barca bring him back when he's 23 for a fairly low price, but that's the deal we agreed.

Not as though Barca need him with the players they already have upfront. Unless he hits blistering form I wouldn't worry.

Add to the fact its not a 'WE WANT YOU BACK, YOU MUST COME BACK' clause, we've essentially gotta accept the fee, but Deulofeu still needs to agree personal terms, and he left because he wasn't getting a chance, so unless he feels he'll start week in week out at Barca i cant see him going back any time soon.

If Barca come back in for him, he'll have probably got us into the top four.

Unless that happens, I wouldn't worry.

And as the melts over on RAWK say, we obviously have no chance cos' they're already there apparently. What with Sako, the best CB in the league playing for them...

Fairness doesn't come into it, alas.

If there was any fairness Mikkel Arteta woukd not be capless.
Can't help but disagree with this I'm afraid.

Look at the names on the Spanish squad list that Mikel had to surpass and the level they were all playing at, while he was at his peak. The decisions not to include him were borne out by what that squad won during that period. They blew everyone else away.

His non-selection was down to rotten bad luck (for him individually) to be born when he was and come through when he did; not a lack fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back