Getting off a toilet seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're on the subject of DIY I've got a problem with my front door when I go to close it it doesn't feel like it actually closes properly do I have to lift the handle up then turn the key or do I turn the key then turn the handle up some bloke in work said you have to turn the handle up first but I'm not sure can anybody help lads?
Pvc, composite or wood door?

He's a one off .
Not being funny but them ruddy wing nuts are hard to get too depending the size of you ablutions room when younger I did one for my mother in law as one nut broke she got a new seat on about being a contotunist to get to the nut that was sized up hacksaw job did it went put next door to the bathroom to clean up looked in the mirror human crap all down one side of my face lol
It's a dirty job !

Random diy question here.

Toilet seat been broken since we moved in on the upstairs one. It broke away not too long ago and trying to change it now.

Problem I have is its not coming off. It's a big bolt with a plastic nut with wings if that makes sense. I have for it so far down but it won't turn any more. Well it's turning but not going down anymore and have been turning it for at least 25 minutes.

Any advice here or do I have to just cut the thing off?
Ok so you've got a bolt running through the back of the seat that this wing nut attaches to. The bolts may loosen over time and then when you try to undo it it'll just spin as nothing is securing the head of the bolt.
Look at the back of the seat by the hinge. There should either be a flap to pop up to expose the bolt head, a twist mechanism of it's a quick release seat or just a bolt head if it's cheap AF. Secure the head then turn your butterfly nut.

Broken bog seats :Blink:
Its alright for you Don I have a raised plastic high rise toilet seat that went wrong sat on it and slid on to the floor could not blame a wingnut as they fit differently as an oldie less troble than a bog seat with rusty boltslol
ruddy expensive though comfy for us oldies though!lol
images

Its alright for you Don I have a raised plastic high rise toilet seat that went wrong sat on it and slid on to the floor could not blame a wingnut as they fit differently as an oldie less troble than a bog seat with rusty boltslol
ruddy expensive though comfy for us oldies though!lol
images
Just use the nappies Joey. Gotta be easier than s(h)itting on that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back