Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Getting off a toilet seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
i may just well resort to cutting it off seeing as though it is plastic. the new seat has a different connection which i am not too sure how it works yet but means won't have this issue in the future haha
you still have to get the nut and bolts out of the holes though to put your new seat on destroying the seat is not the answer as the fittings attaching it will be still there - its been a laugh though enjoyable thread which you have to remove those urinated wingnuts and threads off!lol
A junior axe saw. and WD40 will do it easily;)

you still have to get the nut and bolts out of the holes though to put your new seat on destroying the seat is not the answer as the fittings attaching it will be still there - its been a laugh though enjoyable thread which you have to remove those urinated wingnuts and threads off!lol
A junior axe saw. and WD40 will do it easily;)
Probably didn;t make the point clear.

the seat isn't connected to the connection any more! Which is why i'm replacing it. So once the plastic wing nut is off i can pull the whole thing out the whole no problem.

Had a problem too a few years back with toilet seats breaking. We use toilet seats with soft close, as I have young kids and I hate the sound of the seat slamming, but they managed to break them 2-3 times a year. Solution was to buy an expensive one where the hings are connected spreading the weight of user instead of focusing the weight on two spots. Still in use three years later.

If you're ever changing an entire thone I would recommend placing a bit of vicks under each nostril.When you pull the pan off the soil pipe the stench is a bit whiffy to say the least. I changed mine when I first moved into my current house as a green throne was not the future as I saw it. Smelling other peoples years of determined work nearly ended me.

These are quite useful @Ashtonian
Uni%20Frame%20Folding%20Toilet%20Rail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back