Getting old

I'm 69 soon, not really the 69 I used to enjoy but age has turned me into a right quilt. I find myself looking at the weather forecast to see if it's going to be a good drying day to hang the washing out and jangling to the neighbour over the fence. Being on my own is crap but it all seems better when I'm with the grandkids.

Having worked in Scunthorpe, I can assure you that you have just described most of the male population there, not to mention a goodly number of the females as well
Reminds me of John Francome years ago on the Morning Line, horse racing programme, and they had a trivia question going into a break, asking viewers to name racecourses with parts of the body in them.

Break ended and camera went straight to Francome who said "I didn't know Scunthorpe had a racecourse” lol

Too much wood?
will-smith-oh-you.gif

Yes.

I'm a civil servant so about another 25 years..
I bailed out in December last with 34 years service plus 3 years unpaid Career Break 86-89 when I did an LLB (Bachelor in Laws). Back then I had to take unpaid CB to do the degree. If it was now the (Irish) State would pay all fees and allow me to keep working FFS.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying the peace of retirement at 57.

I had enough of politicians, pressure groups, PQs, briefing, speeches - everything to be done yesterday!!

There is life after the Service!

The trick is to “ look “ busy and to always “ have a job on the go “.

I always have a window that needs painting, or a gutter that needs clearing out etc.
You need a man cave and a classic car. My Mrs loves going on the classic car runs, picnic and all. I have a nice-sized mini fridge in my car garage which keeps certain brews nice and cool!!

I bailed out in December last with 34 years service plus 3 years unpaid Career Break 86-89 when I did an LLB (Bachelor in Laws). Back then I had to take unpaid CB to do the degree. If it was now the (Irish) State would pay all fees and allow me to keep working FFS.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying the peace of retirement at 57.

I had enough of politicians, pressure groups, PQs, briefing, speeches - everything to be done yesterday!!

There is life after the Service!
PQs.. Press office lines... Jeez I need to win the lottery to get away from this shi£

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back