Getting old

You need a man cave and a classic car. My Mrs loves going on the classic car runs, picnic and all. I have a nice-sized mini fridge in my car garage which keeps certain brews nice and cool!!
Solid advice. I miss my old Merc for this very reason. You can potter around in the garage with the radio/podcast on in the background and achieve next to nothing throughout the day

There was always something to do to it, and even though she would never complain there was always little "You seem to be spending a little more on that car these days" as opposed to "Sell that thing."

Last edited:
The really salient thing about leaving was the lack of contact from those who would plague me looking for briefing, speeches, all last minute stuff, and barely a thank you.
After I left, these careerist self-centred greasy pole-climbers didn't give a flying flip. It was presumably "Right who took his job, and what is their mobile number" - and on goes the hamster wheel relentlessly.
A lesson for everyone.

Unless you work for yourself, when push comes to shove the employer and career minded work 'mates' couldn't give a toss.

Extra effort put in? Unclaimed overtime? Not taking all your holidays? Feeling guilty about sick days?

Do your work to the best of your ability, but don't give your services for free.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back