Getting old

Wont you miss the chicks ???
To answer this particulat point. You wouldn't believe what went down in the early '70s with that band 'Splinter' I posted photos of.

I'm halfway through writing (as an aside, that's something I am continuing to do, having started in the mid 1980s - writing, that is, not the band history) the story of the band for my grandchildren with a view to giving them each a copy when it is completed. But there is no way my granddaughter is getting a copy until she is 18!

1976 all-original Les Paul Deluxe. Only four lefties were made that year.
View attachment 188548

2009 Custom Shop '57 Les Paul Junior
View attachment 188549

2009 Les Paul Standard
View attachment 188552

And this is the one I'm keeping. 1991 Les Paul Custom (two photos, to show the full maple top on it)
View attachment 188553
View attachment 188554
As a fellow leftie I'm in awe of your collection.

I traded in my les Paul for a really nice Taylor acoustic this year... Never get round to playing electric as the setting up of everything puts me off, whereas the acoustic is great to pick up and play whenever I feel like it.

1976 all-original Les Paul Deluxe. Only four lefties were made that year.
View attachment 188548

2009 Custom Shop '57 Les Paul Junior
View attachment 188549

2009 Les Paul Standard
View attachment 188552

And this is the one I'm keeping. 1991 Les Paul Custom (two photos, to show the full maple top on it)
View attachment 188553
View attachment 188554
Wow, they're beauts, nice tops/colouring on them all and P90s are just sublime. Good call on keeping the custom.

I cashing some stuff in at the end of the year and as a treat, a 335 will be finding its way into my playroom, pure indulgence but it makes me happy.

As a fellow leftie I'm in awe of your collection.

I traded in my les Paul for a really nice Taylor acoustic this year... Never get round to playing electric as the setting up of everything puts me off, whereas the acoustic is great to pick up and play whenever I feel like it.
I have a Taylor 314 that I got new in 2002. Superb sound.
Taylor1.webp

And my other acoustic is a 1971 Eko Rio Bravo 12-string, with a DeArmond acoustic pickup across the soundhole.
EKO3.webp

I have a Taylor 314 that I got new in 2002. Superb sound.
View attachment 188571

And my other acoustic is a 1971 Eko Rio Bravo 12-string, with a DeArmond acoustic pickup across the soundhole.
View attachment 188572
Yeah, the sound is beautiful. Mine has the koa body which just looks fantastic when up on the living room wall (I'm a few years and pay rises away from having my own space to store guitars)

It's reignited my love for playing to be honest, most days I manage to pick it up and play

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back