Getting old

Don't leave yet mate

We haven't got to the cramps yet.

Parts of my body I've never experienced cramp before , my toes , fingers & underneath my feet ffs.
The pain although shortlived is excruciating.

I need a spliff .
I sometimes get it in my toes and the arches of my feet - usually when I'm lay in bed.

Have to press them flat against the footboard and push till it passes. Feels like they want to curl into an O shape - horrible pain.

I sometimes get it in my toes and the arches of my feet - usually when I'm lay in bed.

Have to press them flat against the footboard and push till it passes. Feels like they want to curl into an O shape - horrible pain.
Frightened the crap out of me the first time it happened.
No control over it.
I sit up plant my feet on the bedroom floor til it goes.

Joint pain. Who uses what? Glucosamine, cod liver oil, tumeric? I feel like I have three or four handfuls of broken glass in both elbows and both knees. There has to be something that can be done?
My knee tends to get painful and kind of either lock up or just give up under weight if I don’t take these ‘Triple Omega 3-6-9’ capsules of cod liver oil, flaxseed and starflower.
Drink this coffee alternative stuff which has turmeric in it too.
Between them it seems to keep my dodgy joints in reasonable working order.

Frightened the crap out of me the first time it happened.
No control over it.
I sit up plant my feet on the bedroom floor til it goes.
I plant them till it settles then go and get a pint of water. Trouble is I'm guaranteed to be up in the middle of the night for a slash then.

I think that's one of the most annoying things about getting older - you turn into a complete trope.

Joint pain. Who uses what? Glucosamine, cod liver oil, tumeric? I feel like I have three or four handfuls of broken glass in both elbows and both knees. There has to be something that can be done?

Short term, ibuprofen and rest
Long term, exercise and build the muscle up to support he joint

Never tried the snake oil myself, but many people swear by it

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back