Glastonbury 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's about 80 bloody stages mate. If there's nothing you'd watch there then you might as well give up on music. It's clearly not for you.

oh do give it a rest with the [Poor language removed] recycled patter. It wasn't that amusing the first time somebody else used it.

Music more than exists outside the sterile middle-class corporate wankfest of Glastonbury.

oh do give it a rest with the [Poor language removed] recycled patter. It wasn't that amusing the first time somebody else used it.

Music more than exists outside the sterile middle-class corporate wankfest of Glastonbury.

True, I have no interest in the festival in itself but saying there is not one decent artist there is clearly not the case.

Irrelevant. The point is that there is plenty of variety and any comment about there being nobody you'd watch at Glastonbury is clearly based in ignorance.

There are over 1000 bands and artists performing.

it's very poppy, isn't it? just looking at the headliners: kanye west and pharrell williams? Awful teen music.

Paloma Faith & Mary J Blige? Same scene. George Ezra? Mummy music.

Paul Weller, The Who, Motorhead, Lionel Richie, Patti Smith i suppose add some old-world charm...but it's not very enticing.

i'm betting George Clinton and the gang were good...saw them in 2003 or so...amazing live band! The Moody Blues are big favourites of mine too.

The Fall are entertaining, Pu$$y Riot were there doing a talk which I'd have liked to see. Eat Static, Alabama 3, Tricky (!) are all excellent.

Goat & Fat White Family sound familiar somehow.

add those to some unknown gems you discover randomly and Glastonbury still looks like it offers quite a bit.

About every genre of music you care to name is represented there in some capacity.
So yeah, I stand by what I said. Matey said there was literally nothing there he'd watch.

Last edited:
Lionel looked great then.

Away from the main stages Glastonbury is anything but a middle class wank fest. Have you been before? It's hard to explain just how out there some areas are, something for everyone. Sterile middle class wankfest = V Festival. You could quite easily go to Glastonbury and not see anyone on the main stages and still have the time of your life.

Even on the main stage the line up is varied, where else would you get Patti Smith singing happy birthday to the Dalai Lama, Motörhead, Lionel Richie etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back