Goats squad analysis thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not quality wise ? You think we could be better ?

In some areas yes, CB for 1 and Wingers for another.

If we get 2 fullbacks, Giroud and Iceland I would be very, very happy with the numbers and options in the squad, few little tweaks we could maybe do, but when I say numbers wise, I mean that if anybody named above was to be sold, they would need replacing, as you say, we could probably "afford" to lose a CM, provided Ross stayed and Iceland joined, but everywhere else we would need to replace.

We now have the captains of England, Ireland and Wales, and Ajax.

ha yep, me and my brother were saying this the other day, and then i said i don't even know if scotland have a captain, to which he replied he thought it was scott brown. So i was like, nah, you're okay thanks.

Is rooney still technically england's captain? Klaassen could be a future netherlands skipper imo.

In some areas yes, CB for 1 and Wingers for another.

If we get 2 fullbacks, Giroud and Iceland I would be very, very happy with the numbers and options in the squad, few little tweaks we could maybe do, but when I say numbers wise, I mean that if anybody named above was to be sold, they would need replacing, as you say, we could probably "afford" to lose a CM, provided Ross stayed and Iceland joined, but everywhere else we would need to replace.
Yes. It does feel a much stpronger squad than last season when you look at who has gone. There are hopefully going to be list of cup games this year. Bring it on

The as it is (all fit) starting 11 is a mind bender:
JP
Coleman Williams Keane Baines
Gueye. Schneids
Davies. Klaassen. Barkley
Rooney

Subs on Lookman, Sandro, mirallas

Putting Rooney upfront, but initial thought was Sandro and Davies get benched.. want my Tom lad play! Do have an issue with real width still.

We should play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 with current personnel.

Pickford
Kenny Keane Williams Baines
Gana Schneiderlin Barkley
Klaassen Rooney
Sandro

Pickford
Klaassen
Rooney Sandro

Wait, that's basically the same, just a fluid version of those two would work. Don't play a winger formation (4-3-3) with no wingers!

We should play 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 with current personnel.

Pickford
Klaassen Rooney
Sandro

Pickford
Klaassen
Rooney Sandro

Wait, that's basically the same, just a fluid version of those two would work. Don't play a winger formation (4-3-3) with no wingers!

I came here to respond to your message in the other thread.

So, in my eyes I'm picking a first and a second eleven who i feel could get us into the top 4. Leaving gaps out for those i feel we still need to strengthen and including injured players;

Pickford/Robles
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate -- ???/Williams -- Baines/???
Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/??? -- Gana/???
Rooney/Bolasie -- ???/???/DCL -- Sandro/Lookman
My goal is always to have a first team starter and then an u21 to rotate with and eventually we should see the u21 take the first teamers place.

However, with the Sigurdsson imminent signing I think we may be more like this;

Pickford/Robles
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate -- ???/Williams -- Baines/???
Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/??? -- Gana/???
Rooney/Bolasie -- ???/Sandro/DCL -- Sigurdsson/Lookman

A -- I think most are in agreement that we need a top centre back.
B -- We definitely need a left back as Baines is 33 this year and has no backup/rotation. I hope Connolly impresses in pre season.
C -- I think we need one or two centre mids to come up from the u23s and Sigurdsson can play there too
D -- We need a top notch centre forward

I think if we can sign 3 more (maybe 4) players then we have a top 4 quality squad which can do well in the cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back