Goats squad analysis thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford is 21 mate. We have planned for the future

He's 23...but it doesn't matter. If we have a young keeper were loaning out to get experience then in 3-5 years time he can compete and potentially take over from Pickford OR at the worst case we have a top keeper on the bench to rotate.

Or we can just sign dross like Stekelenburg to sit on the bench...come on and lose us games.

You know, over the years the top strikers like Shearer, Bergkamp, Henry, Ferguson, Cantona, van Nistelrooy etc etc etc

They all have something 'about them'....when you think of the club you think of them as a symbol of the club.

I don't think Lukaku has been that for us and the last we've really had was Ferguson after Rooney jumped ship.

I'd like to see us go and get Dolberg and make him into our talismanic figurehead....doesn't have to be Dolberg but that's what id like.

Okay, so if I replaced Dolberg for one of my forwards in the line-up below you'd no longer say meh and would be like "wow that's an exciting line-up"?

Klaassen - Morgan - Gana
Sigurdsson
Rooney - Sandro

He's 23...but it doesn't matter. If we have a young keeper were loaning out to get experience then in 3-5 years time he can compete and potentially take over from Pickford OR at the worst case we have a top keeper on the bench to rotate.

Or we can just sign dross like Stekelenburg to sit on the bench...come on and lose us games.
It's going to be tough to get a young keeper to come here knowing he may never reach the first team. Just like it was hard to get a decent backup striker to play behind Rom

It's going to be tough to get a young keeper to come here knowing he may never reach the first team. Just like it was hard to get a decent backup striker to play behind Rom

Stoke got Butland and he was behind Begovic who was in the team of the year when he signed...

Okay, so if I replaced Dolberg for one of my forwards in the line-up below you'd no longer say meh and would be like "wow that's an exciting line-up"?

Klaassen - Morgan - Gana
Sigurdsson
Rooney - Sandro

Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/Dendoncker -- Gana/Walsh
Rooney/Bolasie -- Dolberg/Sandro/DCL -- Sigurdsson/Lookman

Don't you find that a bit more exciting with 2 signings?

Why are they always so young, Zat :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Since the 80s I always looked at us not having the same money as others and didn't want us to just sign hardworking players...

If we haven't got the money for the best then we need to either find them through scouting (and we have less scouts) or create them from bringing in youth.

See Ajax and Germany youth sides as examples....put them together over a period of time...results follow.

With us the premier league its different of course but i believe we should have 11 players u21 who have the ability to rotate with a first teamer and eventually plan to take their position. This involves a lot of money spent on youth and Unsworth working magic.

They come in young and become Evertonians, just like when these kids join United they are thrown straight into the culture. We should be the same but with our history and culture...

In the example in the last post, we have;

klaassen/Davies
Schneiderlin/Dendoncker
Gana/Walsh
Dolberg/Sandro/DCL
Sigurdsson/Lookman

the only position where we don't follow the model is Rooney/Bolasie and to be honest these players all play numerour roles anyhow.

But, an additional 60-70mil on Dolberg and Dendoncker and we'd have a really strong squad there even compared to the best around. It would only improve over the following couple of years as well.

Since the 80s I always looked at us not having the same money as others and didn't want us to just sign hardworking players...

If we haven't got the money for the best then we need to either find them through scouting (and we have less scouts) or create them from bringing in youth.

See Ajax and Germany youth sides as examples....put them together over a period of time...results follow.

With us the premier league its different of course but i believe we should have 11 players u21 who have the ability to rotate with a first teamer and eventually plan to take their position. This involves a lot of money spent on youth and Unsworth working magic.

They come in young and become Evertonians, just like when these kids join United they are thrown straight into the culture. We should be the same but with our history and culture...

klaassen/Davies
Schneiderlin/Dendoncker
Gana/Walsh
Dolberg/Sandro/DCL
Sigurdsson/Lookman

the only position where we don't follow the model is Rooney/Bolasie and to be honest these players all play numerour roles anyhow.

But, an additional 60-70mil on Dolberg and Dendoncker and we'd have a really strong squad there even compared to the best around. It would only improve over the following couple of years as well.

But this grand plan of yours, its the same plan United and Arsenal have tried over the last 20 years and you can count on 1 hand the number of players thats come through and its worked on.

You are not suggesting we buy unknown young players in the shape of a punt, you are suggesting we spend 30-40m on young players with potential, in the hope that they turn into a truly amazing player, I bet in your world they stay at Everton if they become good as well............

But this grand plan of yours, its the same plan United and Arsenal have tried over the last 20 years and you can count on 1 hand the number of players thats come through and its worked on.

You are not suggesting we buy unknown young players in the shape of a punt, you are suggesting we spend 30-40m on young players with potential, in the hope that they turn into a truly amazing player, I bet in your world they stay at Everton if they become good as well............

No I'm suggesting we do both...

Hirst and Brooks to follow Bowler for the u23s

Then bring in a couple a couple of levels higher in their development like Dolberg and Dendoncker who are both available at 30mil now but in a season may well be off to Madrid for 60+.

Arsenal did it for years but sold off the players....we should try and do it now while we have such good u24 players coming into the side

klaassen/Davies
Schneiderlin/Dendoncker
Gana/Walsh
Dolberg/Sandro/DCL
Sigurdsson/Lookman

We haven't even signed Sigurdsson yet. That 50m + an extra 60-70m may well be beyond us. Besides, I personally feel a left back is more pressing than another midfielder.

No I'm suggesting we do both...

Hirst and Brooks to follow Bowler for the u23s

Then bring in a couple a couple of levels higher in their development like Dolberg and Dendoncker who are both available at 30mil now but in a season may well be off to Madrid for 60+.

Arsenal did it for years but sold off the players....we should try and do it now while we have such good u24 players coming into the side

Serious question here Zat, do you have any idea how many clubs would be interested in Dolberg if he became available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back