Goats squad analysis thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't even signed Sigurdsson yet. That 50m + an extra 60-70m may well be beyond us. Besides, I personally feel a left back is more pressing than another midfielder.

Even if we sign Sigurdsson and sell barkley we will probably have spent about 5mil.

Plenty left from sales...if we had 100mil to begin with then we could do the lot...lets see.

Serious question here Zat, do you have any idea how many clubs would be interested in Dolberg if he became available?

Its not about him becoming available....were ruthless now remember....make daft bids for Icelanders....next a dane.

Since the 80s I always looked at us not having the same money as others and didn't want us to just sign hardworking players...

If we haven't got the money for the best then we need to either find them through scouting (and we have less scouts) or create them from bringing in youth.

See Ajax and Germany youth sides as examples....put them together over a period of time...results follow.

With us the premier league its different of course but i believe we should have 11 players u21 who have the ability to rotate with a first teamer and eventually plan to take their position. This involves a lot of money spent on youth and Unsworth working magic.

They come in young and become Evertonians, just like when these kids join United they are thrown straight into the culture. We should be the same but with our history and culture...

In the example in the last post, we have;

klaassen/Davies
Schneiderlin/Dendoncker
Gana/Walsh
Dolberg/Sandro/DCL
Sigurdsson/Lookman

the only position where we don't follow the model is Rooney/Bolasie and to be honest these players all play numerour roles anyhow.

But, an additional 60-70mil on Dolberg and Dendoncker and we'd have a really strong squad there even compared to the best around. It would only improve over the following couple of years as well.

You're a lot older than I imagined :Blink:

P.S. We have an absolute butt load of scouts now.

I think we're probably going for the "shoot from range, score from rebounds" strategy that was popular with the Dutch in the 1990s. I've got visions of Daaaaaavey Klaassen – always on the move – steaming in to poke home from eight yards AOTS.

Noticed last season and especially the friendly on Thursday we kind of played with these roles in the middle. Anyone else reckon this is going to be "standard" for most games? Would mean we eventually need another Barry and if McCarthy goes another box-to-box player depending on Besic's future role/injury status:

Diligent, deep, defensive mid to drop into defence: Schniederlin (1st) / Barry (2nd)
More of an attacking mid, link man, roams around: Klaassen (1st) / Davies (2nd)
Box-to-box player - lots of deep bursts and pressing: McCarthy (1st) / Gueye (2nd)

I think Koeman is very close to having the team that he wants. I think he is probably right when he says he will bring a couple of more players in. I see Giroud or a giroud type as a centre forward coming in. Sigurdsson type and one more. I think a ball playing centre back like a vvd. I think that will be probably be it. This would leave us with a team something like this

Pickford

Coleman Keane Vvd type Banies

Schenderlin Gana

Klaasen

Sigurdsson Giroud Rooney

That would also leave a very strong looking bench too. With the likes of Sketlenberg, Joel, Mirallas, Jags, Williams, Davies, Bolasie, Lookman, Lennon, McCarthy, Barry, Besic, DCL and sandro fighting it out for a place on the bench or the first XI

I would be very happy to go into the season with a team like this. Its a shame we dont have the likes of Arteta, Pienaar and Ferguson in and around this team. We would have a bit of everthing if they were ;)

I think Koeman is very close to having the team that he wants. I think he is probably right when he says he will bring a couple of more players in. I see Giroud or a giroud type as a centre forward coming in. Sigurdsson type and one more. I think a ball playing centre back like a vvd. I think that will be probably be it. This would leave us with a team something like this

Pickford

Coleman Keane Vvd type Banies

Schenderlin Gana

Klaasen

Sigurdsson Giroud Rooney

That would also leave a very strong looking bench too. With the likes of Sketlenberg, Joel, Mirallas, Jags, Williams, Davies, Bolasie, Lookman, Lennon, McCarthy, Barry, Besic, DCL and sandro fighting it out for a place on the bench or the first XI

I would be very happy to go into the season with a team like this. Its a shame we dont have the likes of Arteta, Pienaar and Ferguson in and around this team. We would have a bit of everthing if they were ;)

Apart from Rom that second XI is as good as our first eleven this year

I think we're probably going for the "shoot from range, score from rebounds" strategy that was popular with the Dutch in the 1990s. I've got visions of Daaaaaavey Klaassen – always on the move – steaming in to poke home from eight yards AOTS.
I wouldn't be surprised if Klassen is our top scorer next season.

Noticed last season and especially the friendly on Thursday we kind of played with these roles in the middle. Anyone else reckon this is going to be "standard" for most games? Would mean we eventually need another Barry and if McCarthy goes another box-to-box player depending on Besic's future role/injury status:

Diligent, deep, defensive mid to drop into defence: Schniederlin (1st) / Barry (2nd)
More of an attacking mid, link man, roams around: Klaassen (1st) / Davies (2nd)
Box-to-box player - lots of deep bursts and pressing: McCarthy (1st) / Gueye (2nd)

I think we will see that all season. Dendoncker would have been the ideal signing.

Missed a sitter by all accounts.. nea tbh
It was actually a brilliant save. If you watch the highlights it looked like he had a decent game. If you watch the individual performance of his entire game he had a bit of a stinker.

Plus it didn't help that Rashford looked the reincarnation of Thierry Henry in that game.

It was actually a brilliant save. If you watch the highlights it looked like he had a decent game. If you watch the individual performance of his entire game he had a bit of a stinker.

Plus it didn't help that Rashford looked the reincarnation of Thierry Henry in that game.

He should have passed regardless of save/sitter. Such an unintelligent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back