Goats squad analysis thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we not be adding Williams and Connolly to this squad with them going on both first team training cramps and being on the bench last season?

No, anymore from you and I will remove Kenny!

I will make a decision regarding the yoot a little further down the line.

I see we are not marking Ross as injured !

Only long term injured get a fancy symbol, unsure of Ross and Moris injuries for now.

Why do you hate the yoot & myself.

I dont hate the yoots at all, I just dont put as much "stock" on them as some.

Connolly could certainly push his way in if he "performs" at LB, think Williams is going to have to battle really hard for game time this season, maybe if McCarthy is moved on and we dont "replace" him, that would be his In I think.

I dont hate you, your not on ignore and I answer most of your posts, you are safe bruh.

I dont hate the yoots at all, I just dont put as much "stock" on them as some.

Connolly could certainly push his way in if he "performs" at LB, think Williams is going to have to battle really hard for game time this season, maybe if McCarthy is moved on and we dont "replace" him, that would be his In I think.

I dont hate you, your not on ignore and I answer most of your posts, you are safe bruh.

I wouldn't say I put stock in either of those it's just if they're with 1st team away and not U23's surely they're members of the squad to be picked from but we shall wait till nearer season.

I wouldn't say I put stock in either of those it's just if they're with 1st team away and not U23's surely they're members of the squad to be picked from but we shall wait till nearer season.

Its on the boys to keep impressing Ronny, hopefully they do, certainly for now they are in the squad, but lets see how much more movement we have.

Either it's locked or I'm thread banned so not sure where to put this but...

Where the Hell is Tarashaj? Did he even return for pre-season? Isn't with main group or U23's but also no real noise about him leaving. Was actually quite impressed with the mins I saw of him. Thought surely he'd get a chance with Unsworth.

Either it's locked or I'm thread banned so not sure where to put this but...

Where the Hell is Tarashaj? Did he even return for pre-season? Isn't with main group or U23's but also no real noise about him leaving. Was actually quite impressed with the mins I saw of him. Thought surely he'd get a chance with Unsworth.

He's recovering from knee surgery

agree on dowell and connolly, amazingly the first team players we don't have in holland are (I don't think there's much point in me including robles and niasse as they're both certs to be off):

pickford, coleman, holgate, mori, barkley, bolasie and sandro.

We'll also bring in another two or three, which well, shows how we may need to offload a couple. So if i add giroud and siggurdsson for argument's sake:

1st XI
Pickford
Coleman Keane Williams Baines
Gueye Schneiderlin
Rooney Klaassen Sigurdsson
Giroud

2nd XI
Robles
Martina Jagielka Mori Connolly
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Barkley Bolasie
Sandro

3rd XI
Stekelenburg
Kenny Holgate ? Garbutt
Lennon Davies Besic Lookman
Dowell
Calvert-Lewin

So yeah, we'll probably bring in another centre back now given that browning, pennington, galloway have all gone out on loan and then mori's injury. So that means we can put out 3 starting teams (which still can't find a place for niasse) with no actual square pegs in round holes, which is great, but also needs to be trimmed you'd expect. McCarthy is an obvious one to offload given his position in the pecking order and his total value. You then look at some players who are down the pecking order in their respective positions who are not really young (lennon, jagielka, garbutt) who could also be sold without being missed. So that's 6 off if we include niasse and robles which would trim it down nicely towards that 25 limit. Here's hoping barkley doesn't add to that number.

agree on dowell and connolly, amazingly the first team players we don't have in holland are (I don't think there's much point in me including robles and niasse as they're both certs to be off):

pickford, coleman, holgate, mori, barkley, bolasie and sandro.

We'll also bring in another two or three, which well, shows how we may need to offload a couple. So if i add giroud and siggurdsson for argument's sake:

1st XI
Pickford
Coleman Keane Williams Baines
Gueye Schneiderlin
Rooney Klaassen Sigurdsson
Giroud

2nd XI
Robles
Martina Jagielka Mori Connolly
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Barkley Bolasie
Sandro

3rd XI
Stekelenburg
Kenny Holgate ? Garbutt
Lennon Davies Besic Lookman
Dowell
Calvert-Lewin

So yeah, we'll probably bring in another centre back now given that browning, pennington, galloway have all gone out on loan and then mori's injury. So that means we can put out 3 starting teams (which still can't find a place for niasse) with no actual square pegs in round holes, which is great, but also needs to be trimmed you'd expect. McCarthy is an obvious one to offload given his position in the pecking order and his total value. You then look at some players who are down the pecking order in their respective positions who are not really young (lennon, jagielka, garbutt) who could also be sold without being missed. So that's 6 off if we include niasse and robles which would trim it down nicely towards that 25 limit. Here's hoping barkley doesn't add to that number.

RFM is out for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back