Goats squad analysis thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came here to respond to your message in the other thread.

So, in my eyes I'm picking a first and a second eleven who i feel could get us into the top 4. Leaving gaps out for those i feel we still need to strengthen and including injured players;

Pickford/Robles
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate -- ???/Williams -- Baines/???
Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/??? -- Gana/???
Rooney/Bolasie -- ???/???/DCL -- Sandro/Lookman
My goal is always to have a first team starter and then an u21 to rotate with and eventually we should see the u21 take the first teamers place.

However, with the Sigurdsson imminent signing I think we may be more like this;

Pickford/Robles
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate -- ???/Williams -- Baines/???
Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/??? -- Gana/???
Rooney/Bolasie -- ???/Sandro/DCL -- Sigurdsson/Lookman

A -- I think most are in agreement that we need a top centre back.
B -- We definitely need a left back as Baines is 33 this year and has no backup/rotation. I hope Connolly impresses in pre season.
C -- I think we need one or two centre mids to come up from the u23s and Sigurdsson can play there too
D -- We need a top notch centre forward

I think if we can sign 3 more (maybe 4) players then we have a top 4 quality squad which can do well in the cups.

The gaps in the squad were obvious Zat I was asking who you'd swap out/bring in that wouldn't make you say "meh" at an attacking lineup of Klaassen, Schneiderlin, Gana, Sigurdsson, Rooney & Sandro.

The gaps in the squad were obvious Zat I was asking who you'd swap out/bring in that wouldn't make you say "meh" at an attacking lineup of Klaassen, Schneiderlin, Gana, Sigurdsson, Rooney & Sandro.

Well, that's the thing...I think the signings have been 'sensible'.

Where does the 'X-factor' come from?

Klaassen can pop up with runs and score....that's goals and very efficient
Sigurdsson can place a few crosses and free kicks...again, efficient.
Sandro and also Rooney are capable of the odd long shot which is exciting

But where's the excitement? For me, the only 'truly exciting' player we have is Lookman...edge of your seat excitement.

It would be nice if we went for a Dolberg or someone up front with some silky skills...

But where's the excitement? For me, the only 'truly exciting' player we have is Lookman...edge of your seat excitement.

It would be nice if we went for a Dolberg or someone up front with some silky skills...

Is Dolberg any more exciting than Klaassen? Like really?

Is Dolberg any more exciting than Klaassen? Like really?

Klaassen is very industrious isn't he...he pops up with goals but isn't exciting to watch per se...like a Lookman.

Dolberg is exciting to watch...for me anyway....

Same as Bergkamp was exciting...unpredictable and class.

You can take Robles out of these because he is going. Barkley maybe too

If Robles goes and were left with Stek we should go after Woodman at Newcastle or someone similar and loan him out like stoke did with butland....plan for the future.

Klaassen is very industrious isn't he...he pops up with goals but isn't exciting to watch per se...like a Lookman.

Dolberg is exciting to watch...for me anyway....

Same as Bergkamp was exciting...unpredictable and class.

Yeh not really sure how you can split Dolberg and Klaassen for excitement but clearly there's something you see different to most. A wow player is a Lookman or a young McGeady or a Neymar. Dolberg is class and will be world class but he's not like a "wow" player yet.

What exactly do you want, Zat?

Yeh not really sure how you can split Dolberg and Klaassen for excitement but clearly there's something you see different to most. A wow player is a Lookman or a young McGeady or a Neymar. Dolberg is class and will be world class but he's not like a "wow" player yet.

What exactly do you want, Zat?

You know, over the years the top strikers like Shearer, Bergkamp, Henry, Ferguson, Cantona, van Nistelrooy etc etc etc

They all have something 'about them'....when you think of the club you think of them as a symbol of the club.

I don't think Lukaku has been that for us and the last we've really had was Ferguson after Rooney jumped ship.

I'd like to see us go and get Dolberg and make him into our talismanic figurehead....doesn't have to be Dolberg but that's what id like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back