Goats squad analysis thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
wise choice.

Interesting with the HG stuff, would like a fair few of our bit part players to stay, especially as most of them fill that home grown quota. Someone like lennon, i suppose can be offload and mccarthy would fetch a lot of money, but i wouldn't have wanted any others after that sold.

Then again, they only count as homegrown if they're over 21? Or is it 23? So we do have a fair few coming through who will be first teamers actually.

After the closing of the summer transfer window each Premier League club had a deadline of 4pm on 1 September to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the "Home Grown Player" (HGP) criteria.

The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown. An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a transfer window. Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. For the 2016/17 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 1995.

As I say, we currently have 11 HG players, but we "only" currently have a squad of 22 players, taking away the U21 players and also including the 3 long term injured, will they all be named? If we have space probably, suppose depends when they are "expected" back, you would think Bolasie would be, doubt Coleman and Mori will be, as I say, if we have the "space" and enough HG players I dont see why not.

As for the future, we have a few players like Browning, Galloway off the top of my head that could maybe for example "replace" Jags next season if he was to be moved on, but thats for next Summer.

After the closing of the summer transfer window each Premier League club had a deadline of 4pm on 1 September to submit a squad list containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the "Home Grown Player" (HGP) criteria.

The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown. An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a transfer window. Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players per squad. For the 2016/17 campaign Under-21 players will have been born on or after 1 January 1995.

As I say, we currently have 11 HG players, but we "only" currently have a squad of 22 players, taking away the U21 players and also including the 3 long term injured, will they all be named? If we have space probably, suppose depends when they are "expected" back, you would think Bolasie would be, doubt Coleman and Mori will be, as I say, if we have the "space" and enough HG players I dont see why not.

As for the future, we have a few players like Browning, Galloway off the top of my head that could maybe for example "replace" Jags next season if he was to be moved on, but thats for next Summer.

a simple yes or no would have done

just jacking, i can't see any of browning, pennington or galloway (no idea why on this one) being part of the first team next season. We'll probably offload mori if we're looking at a new left sided centre back now, and then possibly one of jags or williams , although they're both decent options for 5th/6th choice i suppose. Anyway, getting carried away, i don't think any of our next two signings will be HG.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Jags Baines
Schneids Klaassen Gana
Sandro Rooney. Siggy

Davies, Besic, Kenny, DCL, Mirallas, Lookman

Feels still a little unbalanced to me unless Rooney, DCL or Sandro can fill the striker spot.. if I'm honest and brave enough I would drop Gana, keep Klaassen to link defence with Schneiderlin and include another creative player, which I would love to be Barkley. Siggy, Barkley and Rooney would be interesting!

Only team I can assemble at the moment that has any sort of balance is:

Pickford
Coleman Keane Jags (gulp) Baines
Schneiderlin Gana
Rooney Sigurdsson Sandro
DCL

I know I love DCL but regardless we still currently need him in the team. Must, must have a focal point for attacks and to give us an option from crosses/set pieces.

Only team I can assemble at the moment that has any sort of balance is:

Pickford
Coleman Keane Jags (gulp) Baines
Schneiderlin Gana
Rooney Sigurdsson Sandro
DCL

I know I love DCL but regardless we still currently need him in the team. Must, must have a focal point for attacks and to give us an option from crosses/set pieces.

Agreed there isn't space for all of Klaassen, Gana and Schneiderlin AND have balance imo.
I chose Klaassen over Gana though owing to his ability to get forward. Picking an 11 that obviously works shouldn't be this hard.

Yep its defo hard to shoehorn "all the good players" in at the same time, which is quite superb, options, options, options, everybodys gotta be on it in every training session and game, certain players are of course must picks Pickford, Keane and Baines most would agree with, I would personally add Morgan and OF COURSE a Striker, but after that everybody else has gotta work for a spot in MY team.

You would assume Ronny will pick Rooney when fit due to what his all round game brings to the team.

The squad lacks tattoos. In the age of inking every inch of skin available we're definitely off the pace in this dept. It's a real concern, as is the lack of beards

The squad lacks tattoos. In the age of inking every inch of skin available we're definitely off the pace in this dept. It's a real concern, as is the lack of beards

Welcome back, T-How.

_76140449_tim-howard.jpg

I can remember when I was about 10, my mum saw me writing on my wrist with a biro, she screamed at me (not like a woman,
as they are calm in such situations) telling me I'd get blood poisoning if I wasn't careful. I often wonder what she would say if she
saw the likes of Taliban Tim etc.

I personally think Gylfi is best as a 10; however, I believe he will play on the left as Ronny fancies Rooney as his 10.

With this in mind who plays on the right?
1. Bolasie (Injured)
2. Sandro (Best up top or on the left)
3. Mirallas (Has he played well on the right?)
4. Lennon (I don't rate him)
5. Lookman (best from the left)
6. DCL (puts in a shift; could work out, but better up top)

Agreed there isn't space for all of Klaassen, Gana and Schneiderlin AND have balance imo.
I chose Klaassen over Gana though owing to his ability to get forward. Picking an 11 that obviously works shouldn't be this hard.

I'd be happy with playing Gana & Schneiderlin against the big boys, especially away from home. But would prefer to see Davies or Klaassen against sides we should be battering.

Yep its defo hard to shoehorn "all the good players" in at the same time, which is quite superb, options, options, options, everybodys gotta be on it in every training session and game, certain players are of course must picks Pickford, Keane and Baines most would agree with, I would personally add Morgan and OF COURSE a Striker, but after that everybody else has gotta work for a spot in MY team.

You would assume Ronny will pick Rooney when fit due to what his all round game brings to the team.

siggurdsson will be a shoe in too, he'll do all the business with the set piece taking and the playmaking and the scoring from deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back