Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players: 26
Players culled so far: 20
Players purchased so far: 7

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Vlasic(Loan), Martina(Loan), Besic(Loan), Pennington(TBC), Bolasie(TBC), Dowell(TBC), Baningime(TBC), Browning(TBC), Galloway(TBC)

Pennington and Dowell are still training with the first team: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144647254@N03/albums/72157670478455707

I personally expect Pennington to go out on loan so having him as TBC seems sensible but I wouldn't be too sure about Dowell. There haven't been many rumours about moves for him and Marco even name dropped him in the wolves press conference, I think?

Perhaps because he is an absolute donkey...or perhaps because he's a crab....

You decide.

Schneiderlin can be replaced by Davies, Baningime or Gomes...even Sigurdsson and Dowell by tweaking the system...

Better than playing with 10

Sandro is pointless + Niasse wont be here long...just a matter of time and i dont mind him

Do you actually watch the games? Schneiderlin has been good so far this season and was name checked before the season by Silva so is obviously in the managers immediate plans.

I'd be interested how you think Dowell and Sigurdsson can replace Schneiderlin in the current formation. Davies is a viable alternative but Baningimine has 11 first team appearances so is no where near a regaular first team position yet and we have yet to see Gomes in a blue shirt.

Pennington and Dowell are still training with the first team: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144647254@N03/albums/72157670478455707

I personally expect Pennington to go out on loan so having him as TBC seems sensible but I wouldn't be too sure about Dowell. There haven't been many rumours about moves for him and Marco even name dropped him in the wolves press conference, I think?

I will probably stick Dowell and Beni back into the squad after the window closes, I dont think either will go on loan, but theres still a small chance, not sure about the others yet, I personally cant see the TBC players getting much game time in the first team, for now anyway.

Wow, looking at the schedule it seems our home games through christmas will be pivotal to our season. They are just about all against bottom 12 teams, and home games at the end of the season, as well as away games in the first half, are almost all top 8 teams.

Our next 7 away games are against the top 8, pretty brutal for away games which means we NEED to win our home games.

if we include the burnley game, basing on last season's table, we're playing our 8 hardest away fixtures all in a row (with the only exception being no spurs away).

Seeing as we play spurs away last game which will probably be a dead rubber as usually all last games are now, we have a free run at our last 9 away games to make a serious late push. All the new signings will be and gelled then so you'd hope we can fulfil ambition and rack up a lot of points.

He is 25 next year. Will never be good enough for this club maybe in the Championship.
Centre Backs sometimes take longer to reach the standard required he's also not had as many games as perhaps he would have needed thru injury. I agree he's not up to the standard of a regular starter but could be good enough to be 4th or 5th choice. Even the strongest squads don't have world class players at 5th choice centre back.

Centre Backs sometimes take longer to reach the standard required he's also not had as many games as perhaps he would have needed thru injury. I agree he's not up to the standard of a regular starter but could be good enough to be 4th or 5th choice. Even the strongest squads don't have world class players at 5th choice centre back.

I agree, though it's not looking good.... by all accounts he did not leave much of an impression in Leeds. If the right offer came along then selling him would seem justified

I agree, though it's not looking good.... by all accounts he did not leave much of an impression in Leeds. If the right offer came along then selling him would seem justified
It seems he's the most likely out of him, Browning and Galloway. However with Feeney and Gibson also coming thru maybe all 3 will be surplus to requirements. That being the case we really need to sell him rather than loan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back