Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still should have named in hindsight and not Sam Byrne. If Sandro goes it leaves 21 players we will need to name that are considered 1st team and 3 reserves Browning, Galloway and Charsley who can only play if they are in the 25. The rest all qualify by being u21this includes DCL, Kenny and Richarlison.

I just had a quick look, I have the number at about 19, im sure with the way we are collecting injuries Silva and Brands wont be taking chances like the previous clowns have.

These are the 21
Pickford Holgate Baines Keane Zouma Jagielka Gomes Sigurdsson Walcott Digne Mina Tosun McCarthy Gueye Schneiderlin Niasse Bernard Stekelenburg Coleman Pennington Hewelt
I'm guessing you weren't counting the last 2 as they are also borderline. I agree these are more switched on but it would be easy to think they are so far down the order but an injury to Holgate Zouma or Pennington and one of them would be needed for the bench. Can't believe it's this bad for injuries only 3 weeks in.

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
Beni Baningime
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies

Kieran Dowell

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players: 27
Players culled so far: 19
Players purchased so far: 7

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Vlasic(Loan), Martina(Loan), Besic(Loan), Bolasie(Loan), Sandro(Loan).

Pennington(TBC), Browning(TBC), Galloway(TBC).

Sandro removed, Dowell and Beni put back in.

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players: 26
Players culled so far: 20

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Vlasic(Loan), Martina(Loan), Besic(Loan), Bolasie(Loan).
Pennington(TBC), Dowell(TBC), Baningime(TBC), Browning(TBC), Galloway(TBC)

Just for my own records, the list of 11 players we shifted who were actually in and around the first team:

Robles
Mori
Rooney
Klaassen
Williams
Mirallas
Vlasic
Martina
Besic
Bolasie
Sandro

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
Beni Baningime
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies

Kieran Dowell

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Vlasic(Loan), Martina(Loan), Besic(Loan), Bolasie(Loan), Sandro(Loan).

Wow how much healthier does this look after one window, incredible work by Silva, Brands and the board.

Strange that so many of those loan deals have no option to buy attached when the bulk of them are clearly loans to get rid.

The only ones who will come back and go into the team if the club had their way are Robinson, Connolly and Onyekuru.

Just for my own records, the list of 11 players we shifted who were actually in and around the first team:

Robles
Mori
Rooney
Klaassen
Williams
Mirallas
Vlasic
Martina
Besic
Bolasie
Sandro

For the record, these bozos played approx 8100 minutes for us (22% of game time)

Mainly Rooney, Williams and Martina at 2400, 1800 and 1800 respectively

Interesting that the rest hardly contributed TBF

It's not been perfect (a lot of loans rather than sales) but that is to be expected given the ages and salaries of a lot of the players we've been looking to move on. Brands and Silva have done an amazing job stripping the squad back after how bloated it was going into the summer.

We've kept the best quality (on paper) and have recruited smartly in areas that we needed. Not only in areas that we obviously needed (left back) but also in areas that became apparent during pre-season. I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't after two centre backs until the pre-season drubbings when it was clear that one wasn't enough.

So realistically we've got two players for each position plus a couple of extras for each department.

Pickford
Stekelenburg
Virginia

Coleman / Holgate / Keane / Baines
Kenny / Mina / Zouma / Digne
Jagielka

Gana / Sigurdsson / Schneiderlin
McCarthy / Gomes / Davies
Dowell

Walcott / Tosun / Richarlison
Lookman / Calvert-Lewin / Bernard
Niasse

When all fit* that's not a bad squad for a league season without European games to stretch it. If one player gets an injury or suspension then his alternative number steps in and the system doesn't change to accommodate the loss unless there are multiple absences in one area.

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
Beni Baningime
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies

Kieran Dowell

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Players Out :

What's the bold for fam?

Now all we need is our new signings to be unbanned/uninjured/fit enough to actually play together and we'll be boss.

Nothing cuss, just bad formatting.

Incredible really how well kept this list is yet you refuse to fix the fact that random names are bolded.

Could I also ask how the DM/CM/ACM category is ordered? Appears to be best to worst players in the other categories but not quite sure what’s going on there.

Incredible really how well kept this list is yet you refuse to fix the fact that random names are bolded.

Could I also ask how the DM/CM/ACM category is ordered? Appears to be best to worst players in the other categories but not quite sure what’s going on there.

Some of them copy from wiki in bold, the lazy part is that ive never tried really hard to fix it.

But you make 2 good points, I will try and resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back