Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Madely

In his autobiography, Right Back to the Beginning, Revie's eventual replacement Jimmy Armfield related a telling story about Madeley negotiating a new contract: "He once actually signed a new contract on what was virtually a blank piece of paper. I called him in to discuss terms and opened discussions by saying, 'OK, Paul, we'll give you so much'. He replied that he had no intention of leaving Leeds so he might as well sign the contract and let me fill in the details. I said, 'What do you want, then, two years or three years?' He answered, 'Either way, I'll leave it to you. I just want to play for Leeds,' and that was that".

If only there were more like the fella.

Just have to say that in Marco’s fluid 4-1-4-1 the switch to 4-2 -Diamond, should be seamless and should be able to occur in game, not as a plan for each separate match. The #6 stays put and the #8 drops back beside him with the #10 moving in front of them both and between the two wide players. Almost a 4-2-1-2-1

Pickford
Coleman _____ ______ _____
_____
Gueye Sigurdsson
_____ _____ Lookman
For me these are the only players from the current team I consider good enough to get us into the Top 6, hopefully we can sign William Carvalho or somebody of his stature to play in the "6 Role". I also think that players like Tosun, Walcott, Dowell, Davies, Baines and Holgate have their merits but aren't (in some cases, yet) quite good enough to be starting if finishing Top 6 is our ambition.

Shabby formatting.

uwbmlDh.png

PvXPdn3.png

NEA if any of these don't stick around especially the ones in bold.

Joel Robles
Cuco Martina
Callum Connolly
Brendan Galloway
Luke Garbutt
Ashley Williams

Ramiro Funes Mori
Matthew Pennington
Tyias Browning
Muhamed Bešić
Wayne Rooney
Kevin Mirallas
Sandro Ramírez

Anyone actually watched this Robinson lad? Can’t be too shabite if he’s done decent in the Championship and played for the USNMUSNYBMT. Is he at a level where he could play 15 games next season?

Hard to say isnt it really.

I mean you only know if somebody can play in this league until they do.

I honestly don't know why you aren't on MOTD.
You are right, for all the 'insight' you get it could be anybody. Particularly like it when they stand up and talk about body shape. We all sort of know that facing the ball is probably helpful. That show is drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back