Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think we have enough widers if either of Lookman or Bolasie go? Would be nice to have 4 proper wingers even if someone like Bolasie is jarg

Do you think we have enough widers if either of Lookman or Bolasie go? Would be nice to have 4 proper wingers even if someone like Bolasie is jarg

Well IMO we need a min of 4 widers.

Weve got Rico, Walcott and if he stays Lookman who I think we are all happy with, so to answer your question, we might possibly be light if Bolasie is moved on, BUT, Sandro is an option there, granted an utterly stinking 1, Dowell is a possible, Iceland at a push, but nobody wants to see him on the wing, Vlasic also, but theres talk that some of these might be moved on.

So yes, we need 4 widers, 4 that we are happy with, we currently have 3.

Well IMO we need a min of 4 widers.

Weve got Rico, Walcott and if he stays Lookman who I think we are all happy with, so to answer your question, we might possibly be light if Bolasie is moved on, BUT, Sandro is an option there, granted an utterly stinking 1, Dowell is a possible, Iceland at a push, but nobody wants to see him on the wing, Vlasic also, but theres talk that some of these might be moved on.

So yes, we need 4 widers, 4 that we are happy with, we currently have 3.

Would like the next wider to be left footed then we have the option of playing 2 orthodox or 2 inverted which gives full backs something different to think about.

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny
Callum Connolly
Cuco Martina

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate
Matthew Pennington

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy [+]
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers
Richarlison
Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman
Nikola Vlašić

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players: 29
Players culled so far: 12
Players purchased so far: 2

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan).

Put back in Martina and Vlasic, be very surprised if Galloway and Browning are considered first team players currently, so they can stay out.

Probably wont make changes during the day, but will update and analyse the squad once the window has slammed shut, fingers crossed for an exciting and busy day.

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy [+]
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Players culled so far: 17
Players purchased so far: 7

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Pennington(Loan)TBC, Vlasic(Loan)TBC, Martina(TBC), Browning(U23), Galloway(U23), Besic(TBC).

I predicted 18 Out and 6
May 22, 2018

Not a bad guess at all, suspect we will probably see 1 or 2 more going out also, but for now im very, very pleased with the business we have done.

I posted this as our needs at the end of the season :

1 Back up GK x
1 starting LB x
1 starting CB at least x
1 DM/CM x
2 Widers x
1 ST at the very min

And bar a Striker "we" achieved everything I thought we needed, superb stuff from Marcel, what a man, a load of deadwood binned off, squad improved, on paper at least, believe the hype Marcel Brands walks on water.

I realise I may have jumped the gun with some of these players, but hey ho, it will only need an edit to fix!

Anal to come later.

GK
Jordan Pickford

Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

LB
Lucas Digne

Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka
Mason Holgate

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy [+]
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Players culled so far: 17
Players purchased so far: 7

Players Out :
Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Pennington(Loan)TBC, Vlasic(Loan)TBC, Martina(TBC), Browning(U23), Galloway(U23), Besic(TBC).

I predicted 18 Out and 6
May 22, 2018

Not a bad guess at all, suspect we will probably see 1 or 2 more going out also, but for now im very, very pleased with the business we have done.

I posted this as our needs at the end of the season :

1 Back up GK x
1 starting LB x
1 starting CB at least x
1 DM/CM x
2 Widers x
1 ST at the very min

And bar a Striker "we" achieved everything I thought we needed, superb stuff from Marcel, what a man, a load of deadwood binned off, squad improved, on paper at least, believe the hype Marcel Brands walks on water.

I realise I may have jumped the gun with some of these players, but hey ho, it will only need an edit to fix!

Anal to come later.

No need to end your post telling us of your celebratory bedroom antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back