Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont consider Arsenal and Utd away as tricky??????????

They’ve obviously got quality players, but I’d say they’ve both vulnerable atm.

The pressure would be very much on them to win those games. Marco’s fluid front four could be a real nightmare for them.

I suspect we’ll be relishing the challenge. In a sense it could be a trickier game for the home teams.

United arent in freefall, they just lost a game.

If it was just that one game in isolation. Jose doesn’t look happy with the club and the players don’t seem happy with the football they’re been asked to play.

I did say could. A few more bad results / performances before then and the pressure would be nasty for them.

He is currently fav to get the sack.

If it was just that one game in isolation. Jose doesn’t look happy with the club and the players don’t seem happy with the football they’re been asked to play.

I did say could. A few more bad results / performances before then and the pressure would be nasty for them.

I haven’t checked but I’d imagine he’s favourite to get sacked?

I get all the factors mate, I just dont think you can EVER consider United away as anything other than tricky personally.

I get all the factors mate, I just dont think you can EVER consider United away as anything other than tricky personally.

It’s certainly a tough game. Maybe we’re just getting caught up on semantics here.

I don’t have us down as favourites for the game by any means. Just feel like we can go there with no real expectations, but at the same time, a really good chance to get at them.

It’s certainly a tough game. Maybe we’re just getting caught up on semantics here.

I don’t have us down as favourites for the game by any means. Just feel like we can go there with no real expectations, but at the same time, a really good chance to get at them.

I think that every game mate, no matter who and what.

I'm terribly aroused by what I've seen so far, but we'll see if there's any stamina in the action when we take on a cold shower of away fixtures beginning next month at Arsenal

Everton Away:
Sep 23 Arsenal
Oct 6 Leicester
Oct 27 Manchester United
Nov 11 Chelsea
Dec 1 Them Lot
Dec 15 City

*sorry, that should read
23 Sep Arsenal
6 Oct Leicester
27 Oct United
11 Nov Chelsea
1 Dec Them Lot
15 Dec Guard of Honor for PL Champions

Hang on, all of our away fixtures against the top 6 apart from Spurs are before Christmas??

Hang on, all of our away fixtures against the top 6 apart from Spurs are before Christmas??

I think Nas put it best, "life's a b*tch and then you die"

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 3.40.50 PM.webp

Its not like last season when we played them after the other and we have some games in between that you would hope would be easier.

I think it's a great opportunity for Silva and crew to set up what they really want to do. Going up against the first four, all tough opponents in various stages of rebuild (for their stature) will be an interesting test. Then, in December, it's Anfield, City away, then Spurs home. That's when you'll know where this squad is. Then the January window and setting up the final 19 to push for final table position and prepare for next year's campaign(s), plus any incidental hardware if Everton don't bomb out of the cups as per usual.

It's all really setting up nicely, perspective depending, because if there's nothing specific to gain from the campaign, we've now doubled our tests: see where the club is; see how the club grows.

Looking at the second half of the schedule, it's the same clubs in various stages of competing for the title/Europe, plus a Zidane-led United at Goodison. Let's be having them, up the Toffees!

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 3.51.25 PM.webp

Wow, looking at the schedule it seems our home games through christmas will be pivotal to our season. They are just about all against bottom 12 teams, and home games at the end of the season, as well as away games in the first half, are almost all top 8 teams.

Our next 7 away games are against the top 8, pretty brutal for away games which means we NEED to win our home games.

They’ve obviously got quality players, but I’d say they’ve both vulnerable atm.

The pressure would be very much on them to win those games. Marco’s fluid front four could be a real nightmare for them.

I suspect we’ll be relishing the challenge. In a sense it could be a trickier game for the home teams.

Vulnerable at the moment doesn’t mean they will be end of October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back