Golf 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think Majors are classed as PGA events, and if you have won a Major you have a lifetime (might be shorter than that) invitation to other Majors despite your ranking at the time.

That could be a lot of crap, but I think I read it somewhere.
I think you get a long exemption for any major that you win (think the number of years varies but it's a long time), and then also about 5 years of exemptions to the other majors when you win one.

None of the majors are ran by the PGA tour so Liv players can still play if they meet any of the criteria to qualify. It will become increasingly difficult for LIV players who have never won a major, to qualify for future majors, because they aren't picking up ranking points.

I think you get a long exemption for any major that you win (think the number of years varies but it's a long time), and then also about 5 years of exemptions to the other majors when you win one.

None of the majors are ran by the PGA tour so Liv players can still play if they meet any of the criteria to qualify. It will become increasingly difficult for LIV players who have never won a major, to qualify for future majors, because they aren't picking up ranking points.

They should do a LIV v PGA Ryder Cup style tournament.

I don't think Majors are classed as PGA events, and if you have won a Major you have a lifetime (might be shorter than that) invitation to other Majors despite your ranking at the time.

That could be a lot of crap, but I think I read it somewhere.
Hilarious to think though that the PGA Championship is not classed as a PGA event!

Thought Koepka played some unbelievable stuff over the weekend and deserved to win, Scheffler had some great chances to catch him and will probably feel like he should have won that.

Good to see Bryson back up there as well, whilst he isn't the most orthodox of golfers and he rubs people up the wrong way, he looked a lot healthier and looked as if he actually enjoyed it.

Thought Koepka played some unbelievable stuff over the weekend and deserved to win, Scheffler had some great chances to catch him and will probably feel like he should have won that.

Good to see Bryson back up there as well, whilst he isn't the most orthodox of golfers and he rubs people up the wrong way, he looked a lot healthier and looked as if he actually enjoyed it.
The most amazing ‘body’ transformation to me is Mickelson. When he’s walking down the fairway, back to the camera, he’s unrecognisable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back