Golf 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very weird, presumably it’ll have implications for Ryder Cup selections!
May be the likes of Westwood, Poulter, Stenson will all get a crack for RC captaincy again?

Not a bad deal for the LIV golfers, pocket the bundles of LIV money then welcomed back into the PGA/DP World tour fold as if nothing happened!
Must be very annoying for those that rejected the blood money to see the others waltz back in a couple hundred million better off.

Will be interesting to see the terms of the deal and how it all works.

Must be very annoying for those that rejected the blood money to see the others waltz back in a couple hundred million better off.

Will be interesting to see the terms of the deal and how it all works.

LIV will still stump up a wedge to get Rory into their tournies. The Tiger ship may have sailed, body wise, though sponsors would drool to get them both playing 54 holes.

giphy.gif

Best feel-good stories in a while at the PGA and yesterday, then this. Let's hope we're not headed down the team golf, 54-hole rabbit hole.
“Team golf” gets a mention in the PGA press comment.

“This transformational partnership recognises the immeasurable strength of the PGA Tour’s history etc………………….. and combines it with the DP World Tour and LIV - including the team golf golf concept”

“Team golf” gets a mention in the PGA press comment.

“This transformational partnership recognises the immeasurable strength of the PGA Tour’s history etc………………….. and combines it with the DP World Tour and LIV - including the team golf golf concept”
I see that ESPN is quoting Monahan on it, now. Please, let it be just one event. I could live with that.

LIV will still stump up a wedge to get Rory into their tournies. The Tiger ship may have sailed, body wise, though sponsors would drool to get them both playing 54 holes.
Do you think?
Not so sure. I just see this as Liv going away, very soon with a move to more of a world tour.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a league type scenario where the Pga is the top division and if you lose your card, you play on a Euro/Liv tour. Rest of the world tour, if you like.
Might mean some of the Americans who lose their card will have opportunities to play rest of the world golf, instead of their own lower tour. Then the top of rest of the world standings, get a pga tour card for the following year.

Wonder what happens with the signing bonus for the Liv lot. Also wonder what the likes of Dustin Johnson and Bryson make of it.
Koepka I assume will welcome a move back, and he will more than likely severely limit his schedule to manage his knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back