Golf 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because we beat them like drums from the tournament's inception until they decided to let the continent's golfers compete in 1979.

(In truth, we got thrashed until after WWII.)
Only leg pulling! As posted elsewhere golf gave me up. My wife plays in our local club and keeps trying to get me away from my cars and the garden to join but seriously cba.

However post brexit why are UK players under the flag of the EU? Nice quiet chat folks.....I am still numb from losing my beloved sister recently. This is only a gentle ribbing

Only leg pulling! As posted elsewhere golf gave me up. My wife plays in our local club and keeps trying to get me away from my cars and the garden to join but seriously cba.

However post brexit why are UK players under the flag of the EU? Nice quiet chat folks.....I am still numb from losing my beloved sister recently. This is only a gentle ribbing
Come on BR.

It's not an EU team.

The UK may have unfortunately had Brexit but we are still European

Just telling you the history. They competed under the EU flag for years before Brexit, but it started as a US-UK affair. They added the Republic of Ireland in 1953.

They added the continent later on to pick up players like Ballesteros and Langer, and render it a contest again. It was not all that relevant an event on the golf calendar until a little over thirty years ago, when the combined European team started winning and things got chippy. It was considered a major honor to be selected up until then, but that's about it from the perspective of the fans.

Well done Tommy.

Viktor has been shocking on the green this afternoon, can't be turned either as he barely had to play half a round this morning.
Doesn't take all that much to turn a good golfer into a mediocre one. Scheffler is #1 in the world rankings because his tee-to-green game always keeps him in the proceedings. He hasn't had silverware to show for it since the Players because he could not make a pressure five-foot putt to save his life.

Lot of good golf being played by Homa and Morikawa right now. Just shows what I know. The two guys (Morikawa and Burns) I might have booted for Keegan are blasting Hovland off the course, and it isn't just Hovland and Aberg's struggles.

Doesn't take all that much to turn a good golfer into a mediocre one. Scheffler is #1 in the world rankings because his tee-to-green game always keeps him in the proceedings. He hasn't had silverware to show for it since the Players because he could not make a pressure five-foot putt to save his life.

Lot of good golf being played by Homa and Morikawa right now. Just shows what I know. The two guys (Morikawa and Burns) I might have booted for Keegan are blasting Hovland off the course, and it isn't just Hovland and Aberg's struggles.

I've been really impressed by Homa, looks a real team player with great character and temperament. That half last night would have hurt him as he had a chance to win but he's out there now grafting hard today and played some great golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back