Golf 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
….be grateful for any thoughts on the Masters (starts next Thursday). I always like to do a really speculative Masters/Grand National double.
Sam Burns 40/1

Cam Smith 22/1 could be a great price but hopefully his heads gone after selling out

….be grateful for any thoughts on the Masters (starts next Thursday). I always like to do a really speculative Masters/Grand National double.
Outside of the so called “big three” of Mcllroy, Scheffler and Rahm I’ve had small each ways on ….

Jason Day 25-1
Cam Smith 18-1
Max Homa 25-1

Which almost certainly means you should steer well clear of those three :coffee: !
P.S. Who are you speculatively looking at in the National, 😉?
P.P.S. Just seen the Vanillier “hint” 👍

Been having a wander through the form, current, and at Augusta. No real standout to me like DJ in 2020 was bet of a lifetime material.

Tipped Cam Smith last year but he bottled it in a final day shootout with soaring Scheffler. Then of course the mullet wearing Aussie went on to win the Open soon after without my cash riding on his skinny butt.

This year looking at Tony Finau at 28/1,bit skinny, ticking lots of boxes here at the venue. Standing dish in top 10/20 markets. Corey Connors won yesterday in Texas and has 3 top 10s on the trot in the Masters. He's 55/1 this week but not sure I see him as a major winner. E/W looks a shoe in in the circs.

Don't think Justin Rose is a complete no hoper after years of near misses and but now 42. Playing well this season and won recently. Out at 70/1+ and may provide a good e/w run for patriotic punters.

Tom Hoge at 100/1 could have a decent run and even Talor Gooch of LIV fame may go well at 125/1.

If I come across any others I will post later in the week @Eggs

Been having a wander through the form, current, and at Augusta. No real standout to me like DJ in 2020 was bet of a lifetime material.

Tipped Cam Smith last year but he bottled it in a final day shootout with soaring Scheffler. Then of course the mullet wearing Aussie went on to win the Open soon after without my cash riding on his skinny butt.

This year looking at Tony Finau at 28/1,bit skinny, ticking lots of boxes here at the venue. Standing dish in top 10/20 markets. Corey Connors won yesterday in Texas and has 3 top 10s on the trot in the Masters. He's 55/1 this week but not sure I see him as a major winner. E/W looks a shoe in in the circs.

Don't think Justin Rose is a complete no hoper after years of near misses and but now 42. Playing well this season and won recently. Out at 70/1+ and may provide a good e/w run for patriotic punters.

Tom Hoge at 100/1 could have a decent run and even Talor Gooch of LIV fame may go well at 125/1.

I'd day Scheffler stands out but I don't want to back someone at such a short price.

I'd day Scheffler stands out but I don't want to back someone at such a short price.
Yeah he does but as I mentioned in an earlier post only 3 golfers have ever defended the Masters title. Faldo Tiger and Nicklaus. Don't think he will be joining that club. Makes the 7/1 on Scheffler to do so even more unappealing doesn't it.

....i’ll double your best selection with a Grand National fancy. Always fun to have a small stakes Masters/GN double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back