GOOD COVERS OF ORIGINAL SONGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Murphy top lad, love the way the crowd are noisey at first then shut up when they realise how good a musician he is.

'Smart Arsed Gary', as he was very affectionately known By Kenny Parry, (another local dignitary), and many other local musos, was a really top guitarist and bloke. He was respected by all, but it never went to his head.
It was a pity he never got the true recognition he and his talents deserved outside of the local community. Always good for a chat and a beer. Good on yer Gary.

Blimey. I've just thought of a few in one go.

Anyone heard of Pentatonix? They've covered "Royals" by Lourde:

And "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye:

Or how about a Justin Bieber track covered by someone who, unlike Justin, can actually sing?

This will split opinion. Kelly Clarkson covering Ryan Adams' version of "Wonderwall", and then switching halfway through to the Oasis version. Personally I think she's got one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard.

Or Kelly doing "Iris" by the GooGoo Dolls:

There's a live recording of Kelly doing "Creep" by Radiohead here:
http://www.kellyclarksonlive.com

Natasha Bedingfield covering "Chasing Cars":

EVERYONE hates One Direction, right? What if I could show you a cover (instrumental only) of a One Direction song that you loved?

Or the Game of Thrones theme given the bluegrass treatment?

Pushing people's taste in music here but i reckon this is a much better version of thoughtless. Originally performed by korn, strips away the monotonous sounds of the original and adds amy lee's voice into it.

and because i personally like it, i put this forward. ( i know people will hate it but not arsed).

This is a cover of 2 Prodigy songs. 'Climbatise' and 'Narayan' with extra vocals. And it's rather good IMo :D

Fun fact: Kula Shaker (remember them?) frontman Krispen Mills provided the vocals to the original Prodigy version of 'Narayan' on the 'Fat of the Land' album.

Guns'n'Roses cover of UK Subs down on the farm.

Siouxsie and the Banshees cover of the Beatles Helter Skelter and also their cover of Strange Fruit.

Bowie's version of the EasyBeats I've got Friday ony mind.

In Pointless what is the red line and how is it set?
I watched the show for the first time today ... good show
Thanks in advance for edification re the red line query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back