Votes: 138 81.2%
  • Southampton - no distractions for 2017/18 title challenge

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Either - we will finish in a European spot regardless

Votes: 21 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I want to enter and win all the the shiny gewgaws available to us, but in terms of prestige winning the Europa cup would be more significant than the F.A. or League cups. That's the modern world for ya.

I could be wrong but I don't think the thread is about us only finishing seventh but more the idea the result would help us to qualify if we end up staying where we are but I find it interesting how you frame it negatively none the less.

What is going to be the point in holding out for one year making the CL and that's it? Because the scenario would be the same. Obviously it's slightly less games but it's still the same idea. We need to start getting our squad used to this demand and having money to fill the squad with better than Alcaraz and Kone will help massively in juggling the competitions.

Ultimately you make an unconvincing argument and it smacks of a losing mentality.
Top four and target the cups. That is the only logical course of action for a club of our size. We are decent enough for that and equipped for it. We are NOT equipped to go for top four with two games every other week. Period.

Top four and target the cups. That is the only logical course of action for a club of our size. We are decent enough for that and equipped for it. We are NOT equipped to go for top four with two games every other week. Period.
That's a complete contradiction, unless you mean we should only target and achieve top 4 once.

EL next season would be progress for us, and it'd be great to have another European campaign

Ideally, we would want United (and the red sith lords) to lose every game for the rest of the season, giving us the chance to leap frog them in the league to get a place in Europe.
Unfortunately, United winning today is the much more likely option, so lets just suck it up and take it.
Unless, of course, you don't want to see Everton competing on the European stage, and would sooner lock yourself in a dark room and refuse to come out until it's all over.

Ideally, we would want United (and the red sith lords) to lose every game for the rest of the season, giving us the chance to leap frog them in the league to get a place in Europe.
Unfortunately, United winning today is the much more likely option, so lets just suck it up and take it.
Unless, of course, you don't want to see Everton competing on the European stage, and would sooner lock yourself in a dark room and refuse to come out until it's all over.
But let's not wish them luck eh.

Dunno what it is even when Man U were very good I didn't mind them. But Southampton are southern Kopites according to smithy so there for I don't like them

The Europa league is a season killing waste of time.

I want other teams to be in it as I feel it gives us an advantage in the league whilst they're competing twice a week, so I'd be contradicting myself wanting us to be in it. Also, no top players think 'oh they're in the EL, that'll sway me towards joining them'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back