Goodison - help or hindrance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedyhell

Player Valuation: £750k
Prior to Sat most talk was of Goodison being the 12th man so to speak. A la Leeds vibe. I was in the Bullens stand on Saturday and just saw fans moaning and arguing with each other. And that was just the first half. Rarely did the vibe rise above luke warm. At the whistle it turned to verbal abuse aka Rafael days. I write as somebody who has no time for the thick unwavering uninformed and unintelligent false loyalty of Geordie and Leeds fans but come on. If Everton are to survive we have to be 100% behind the team right now. Save our fury for when and if we go down.

I've said a few times mate but I think our home form at Goodison without fans was the worst ever?

Looking at away form, combined with how Lampard thinks we can setup to compete away, I think only Goodison will keep us up. I'm also hopeful we could surprise Man Utd and Chelsea at Goodison when there's less pressure/expectation on our cowards.

generally the atmosphere reflects what’s happening or something that’s happened on the pitch. I.e Neville on Ronaldo years ago.

A few good tackles early on or close shot or a chance early on raises everyone’s spirits. It’s the same at most clubs.

However apart from Leeds we’ve been slow out of the blocks in every game this season - I’m really struggling to think of another where we’ve started with real intent - and even when we had a fairly good start under Benitez, we were slow out of the blocks and it was only in the second half were we got on top.

And to finish, as @GrandOldTeam touched on…. Last year when there was no fans in the ground we had our worst home record of all time…so I think the myth that the players are frightened of the fans can be dispelled

We can be both imo which is why we need to just get behind them. Look at the Leeds game for example. Their players were kacking themselves every time they touched a ball

Prior to Sat most talk was of Goodison being the 12th man so to speak. A la Leeds vibe. I was in the Bullens stand on Saturday and just saw fans moaning and arguing with each other. And that was just the first half. Rarely did the vibe rise above luke warm. At the whistle it turned to verbal abuse aka Rafael days. I write as somebody who has no time for the thick unwavering uninformed and unintelligent false loyalty of Geordie and Leeds fans but come on. If Everton are to survive we have to be 100% behind the team right now. Save our fury for when and if we go down.
How does such nonsense persist after the lockdown Goodison form?? Leave it out mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.