Goodison Park and the fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there might be another thread about this from Thursday.

Probably one before that as well

And one before that

And so on

Yip.

All the way back to the 70s.

And the funny thing is, the apathy of the fans is always a response to the apathy on the pitch.

It is never the other way round.

Of the many things wrong at this club right now, the attitude of the fans is way down at the bottom of the pile.

For goodness sake, listening to Koeman's "I am losing no sleep over the results" comments after Cyprus, it seems to me we, the fans, are the only ones gives a darn about Everton :mad:

There’s a dangerous cycle. I’d usually come in here and bait the U HAVIN A GO AT DER FANS angry heads but I’ll give you a reasoned response as it’s a good point.

22 years without a trophy causes anxiety, impatience and anger in the Everton fanbase. And so it should. So when we aren’t making progress the lizard part of our brains is zapped and we go mental as it looks like another year of underachievement.

However it does impact on the players. Progress is not a straight line and when we are against it than frustration is transmitted onto the pitch and you can see the players affected by it. DER EARNING MILLIONS DOH LAD SO SACK DEM. They may be but they’re still human and subject to form, insecurities and respond to negativity same as the rest of us.

So yeah it happens and it does affect the team, but I understand why it’s happening as I’m feeling it too.

F this sensible posting lark. You hideous geordies are gonna get us relegated.

So what did you do? Did you find inspiration to get up and get chants going?

Are you struggling to understand that support isn't just singing chants ?
It's backing the lads, willing them on rather than shouting at them to hurry up and tell lads who are new to the club how rubbish they are at football, getting on there backs at every opportunity.

Hi Ian, did you travel straight from New York for todays game??

As you say, if you werent there, you cant comment.

Goodison and the fanbase is TOXIC and has been for years.
Not arsed lad. Their was a thread started when I did go. I'll always defend our fans.

Yip.

All the way back to the 70s.

And the funny thing is, the apathy of the fans is always a response to the apathy on the pitch.

It is never the other way round.

Of the many things wrong at this club right now, the attitude of the fans is way down at the bottom of the pile.

For goodness sake, listening to Koeman's "I am losing no sleep over the results" comments after Cyprus, it seems to me we, the fans, are the only ones gives a darn about Everton :mad:

Yep, there are certain things that for me should be a given from every Everton player and we all know what they are so I won't bore everyone with it. I'm return for this, the fans will back players and team to the hilt

Listen to what that little ferret Lescott said this week about Eveton fans understanding football and what we demand. They aren't unfair demands and if They are met then those players will be backed to the hilt.

There’s a dangerous cycle. I’d usually come in here and bait the U HAVIN A GO AT DER FANS angry heads but I’ll give you a reasoned response as it’s a good point.

22 years without a trophy causes anxiety, impatience and anger in the Everton fanbase. And so it should. So when we aren’t making progress the lizard part of our brains is zapped and we go mental as it looks like another year of underachievement.

However it does impact on the players. Progress is not a straight line and when we are against it than frustration is transmitted onto the pitch and you can see the players affected by it. DER EARNING MILLIONS DOH LAD SO SACK DEM. They may be but they’re still human and subject to form, insecurities and respond to negativity same as the rest of us.

So yeah it happens and it does affect the team, but I understand why it’s happening as I’m feeling it too.

F this sensible posting lark. You hideous geordies are gonna get us relegated.

Course it impacts the players.

Since the start of the season there has been at least three times that Pickford been yurled at to smash it up field in a rush and he's booted it out each time.

It impacts on there confidence, it's why Siggy and Schneiderlin are taking one touch too many at times .

Supporting the team is supposed to be through thick and thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.