Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im proud of my city too but it isnt about whose the better / more scouse. (Not directly saying that's what you're making out)

Its about a football club and in football terms Liverpool in footballing terms is their brand, its their name and its not something we need to be touchy over. People already know Everton are in Liverpool, we don't need stick it in our stadiums name just to say "look look were here too!". It would be a negative thing. As a proud scouser and evertonian I dont want us having our rivals name in our stadium when we simply dont need to, I'd rather we had our own name as stated above. Cowboy put it better than I did.

spot on, there's actually "no need" whatsoever to have the word Liverpool associated with our stadium. Everyone knows who we are, everyone knows what City we are from and that's good enough for me. I love the city of Liverpool too but when it comes to football it can basically swivel ( the name Liverpool not the city itself! )

All about the Everton!!

The photos look good but I'd love to see it in person.

I think it's been a good investment in that the old girl will be looking her best when we eventually move on. I'd rather we left Goodison with pride rather than skulking out of a dilapidated old ground.

Not weird in any what so ever.

Liverpool being a place means nothing when it comes into football, Liverpool in football would always be related to the club.

Would be stupid. There's no need for it to have it in the name and isn't worth the connotations.

Do we really have such a complex about LFC that we'd be embarassed to use the word Liverpool in connection to our stadium, on the Liverpool City Skyline, on the Liverpool Docks?

Do people hate LFC so much that they are happy for them to just let them monopolise the name of our city? Sod them. We were here first. And our future is brighter than theirs, so f*** worrying about their "brand". We should be puffing our chests out about taking centre stage in the city and leaving them behind.

Do we really have such a complex about LFC that we'd be embarassed to use the word Liverpool in connection to our stadium, on the Liverpool City Skyline, on the Liverpool Docks?

Do people hate LFC so much that they are happy for them to just let them monopolise the name of our city? Sod them. We were here first. And our future is brighter than theirs, so f*** worrying about their "brand". We should be puffing our chests out about taking centre stage in the city and leaving them behind.
Stadium thread ffs

What's the reason to use Liverpool in the branding of Everton? Do Arsenal or Spurs use London? Does it matter than Juve are from Turin?

What's the reason to use Liverpool in the branding of Everton? Do Arsenal or Spurs use London? Does it matter than Juve are from Turin?

We are attempting to overturn 50 years of being overshadowed by LFC. For me the main selling point of a new stadium is that it's on the Liverpool skyline, and on the famous Liverpool docks. It represents an opportunity to re-establish ourselves as the City's main football club. I'd like the name to take that into account.

It's not a big deal, and I doubt we'll even do it, but I just don't understand the embarrassment about using the word Liverpool.

Anyway, back on topic. That new cladding is nice isn't it lads?

We are attempting to overturn 50 years of being overshadowed by LFC. For me the main selling point of a new stadium is that it's on the Liverpool skyline, and on the famous Liverpool docks. It represents an opportunity to re-establish ourselves as the City's main football club. I'd like the name to take that into account.

It's not a big deal, and I doubt we'll even do it, but I just don't understand the embarrassment about using the word Liverpool.

It's nothing to do with embarrassment.

Agreed, although in that case of Spurs and Arsenal, there is no London FC to worry about, so they could brand accordingly.

It's nothing to do with embarrassment.
yay1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back