Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Goodison Park : New Exterior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really have such a complex about LFC that we'd be embarassed to use the word Liverpool in connection to our stadium, on the Liverpool City Skyline, on the Liverpool Docks?

Do people hate LFC so much that they are happy for them to just let them monopolise the name of our city? Sod them. We were here first. And our future is brighter than theirs, so f*** worrying about their "brand". We should be puffing our chests out about taking centre stage in the city and leaving them behind.
Literally nothing to do with a complex or being ashamed but you carry on.

Let's change our badge to a blue liverbird as well mate

It doesn't matter one bit, no. But my point was that, as a scouser myself, I've always been proud of my city, why not. I've always been of the opinion that we shouldn't forfeit the name of the city to them. Just because they're called Liverpool FC, it doesn't mean that they OWN the word Liverpool, and it shouldn't mean that only they can identify themselves with the name of the city. It's possible to both hate Liverpool FC and love the City of Liverpool without being a bad Evertonian. I'm not trying to convince anyone, it's just my opinion
I cant even bring myself to saying Liverpool. If people ask where im from I say just south of Formby...

When Everton are the biggest name in Europe, we won't give a flying F*** about...umm...what's their name again?

Marine !!

Literally nothing to do with a complex or being ashamed but you carry on.

Let's change our badge to a blue liverbird as well mate

Sounds good !!

If LFC didn't exist, it wouldn't be a problem would it? So yes it's to do with a complex.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your point, doesn't mean they don't understand it.

Anyway, i'll stop clogging this thread up now. It's a hypothetical that won't happen anyway.

I cant even bring myself to saying Liverpool. If people ask where im from I say just south of Formby...

No mate, it's because our nearest rivals are called Liverpool Football Club. If they built a new ground down the hill, would they call it 'The Everton Valley Stadium'? Would they 'eckers like.
yay1.gif

Off topic

Should make it into a proper, fantastic area for disabled fans. Did someone say it already has an elevator in it? Perfect. I know you probably couldn't get more than 20 or 30 into it but what a spec.

It's just a shell of steel girders with some cladding on the outside. It's not a proper building with floors or anything, it's literally just to ensure there's symmetry with the other tower so that a massive light can be on top of both. Fans walk underneath it to get from the Park End to Bullens Road and vice versa. It hasn't even get stairs or floors, let alone an elevator. It's purely a cosmetic feature for the stadium and nothing any person will actually use, be that club staff or fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back