Gosling lost due to more boardroom incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise to see Kenwright cock up once again. Clearly this incompetence will deprive the club of a much needed transfer fee, potentially up to £4m or so they say and considering Moyes has survived on a meagre net spend of £3m or so per season, £4m is a big sum of money to be deprived of.

Regardless of whether or not Gosling is perceived to be a mercenary **** and there’s no surprise to see a ‘professional’ person chasing a better deal elsewhere; the club should not have allowed this situation to develop.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of Goslings attitude, it’s the club who are at fault here.

Who is going to carry the can for this? I doubt it’ll be Kenwright whilst we have numpties on forums like this defending Kenwright to the hilt. But it is a simple fact, someone in a multi million pound business has just cost that business millions of pounds in future income. If this occurred in any other private business the individual concerned would be booted out the door.

This has Kenwrights fingerprints all over it, and added to his previous cock up’s such as Alex Nyarko’s 5 year contract / 4 year work permit, NTL, the Kings Dock, Bellefield and the millions wasted on Kirkby I wonder how long some of our so called ‘supporters’ will continue to support the buffoon at the top rather than defending the interests of the club which Kenwright is holding back.

Great post. Top draw. My thoughts entirely. Repped.

I've read this thread and will be writing to the website owner about some of those "Evertonians" that have dared to criticise Kenwright or the CEO. It's only 3 of 4 million lads ffs. No doubt you moaned about the money spent on the Kirkby project as well????

Correct me if I am wrong. Had the club given a signed and sealed contract to Gozzie, could he have sat on it and waited for whatever deadline to pass so that he could talk to other clubs? I mean, there is no guarantee he would have signed, so this situation could have been upon us regardless.
Right?
Maybe my common sense is out of whack, but if he wants first team football, then why move from Plymouth? He cannot realistically put himself ahead of Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Fellaini, Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell, Osman, and hopefully Donovan can he? If that is the case, maybe he should work on making his knees as hard as his head.
Finally, all this tribuneral nonsense, we signed him aged 18, he is 20 now, so 2 years of development does not equate to any millions, let alone four of the swines.

If Gosling wants out, let him fly the nest. Lets see what bird brained ideas his agent hatches for him next.

Correct me if I am wrong. Had the club given a signed and sealed contract to Gozzie, could he have sat on it and waited for whatever deadline to pass so that he could talk to other clubs? I mean, there is no guarantee he would have signed, so this situation could have been upon us regardless.
Right?

If we had submitted an offer in writing, we'd have been entitled to a fee, even if he rejecteded the offer.

If we had submitted an offer in writing, we'd have been entitled to a fee, even if he rejecteded the offer.

Not a youth product, how many games played? What development can honestly be claimed? Doesn't he have a cruciate knee injury? What medical can he pass? All seems a bit mad to me like.

No surprise to see Kenwright cock up once again. Clearly this incompetence will deprive the club of a much needed transfer fee, potentially up to £4m or so they say and considering Moyes has survived on a meagre net spend of £3m or so per season, £4m is a big sum of money to be deprived of.

Regardless of whether or not Gosling is perceived to be a mercenary **** and there’s no surprise to see a ‘professional’ person chasing a better deal elsewhere; the club should not have allowed this situation to develop.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of Goslings attitude, it’s the club who are at fault here.

Who is going to carry the can for this? I doubt it’ll be Kenwright whilst we have numpties on forums like this defending Kenwright to the hilt. But it is a simple fact, someone in a multi million pound business has just cost that business millions of pounds in future income. If this occurred in any other private business the individual concerned would be booted out the door.

This has Kenwrights fingerprints all over it, and added to his previous cock up’s such as Alex Nyarko’s 5 year contract / 4 year work permit, NTL, the Kings Dock, Bellefield and the millions wasted on Kirkby I wonder how long some of our so called ‘supporters’ will continue to support the buffoon at the top rather than defending the interests of the club which Kenwright is holding back.

I can see why you've decided to lump everything on Kenwright. So he made the verbal agreement? He sat down and wrote the contract. He personallly was made resonsible for posting it? Come on, get real, this ain't the mafia where Kingpin does the killing himself. That's a move, this is real life. The club messed up, no doubt. Some may argue that it was a genuine mess up based on a snidey player (whom you've chosen to absolve), but Kenwright does delegate and even the best run organisation gets things wrong.

Should we sell the club to the likes of Walder & Stadler across the park? He's not the best chairman we can get, but we are not on the brink of bankruptcy, and this episode won't backrupt us either. Erm, he might even have had a hand in keeping the wolves away from the door ~ but saying that maybe heresy for some.

Should we sell the club to the likes of Walder & Stadler across the park? He's not the best chairman we can get, but we are not on the brink of bankruptcy, and this episode won't backrupt us either. Erm, he might even have had a hand in keeping the wolves away from the door ~ but saying that maybe heresy for some.

Wise words BT, some of these "Evertonians" won't be happy until we become Portsmouth. The same ones who forget Bill's part in clinching the Sky deal.

I suggest putting everyone on ignore apart from Matt Damon.

Some lid las t night actually stated that he'd rather see Hicks & Gillett rather than Kenwright in charge of the club. I think he's gone now, I miss him.

You know that it isn't all that KenWRONG this time when davek goes easy on him, that's how I gauge boardroom stuff, on the davekometer.

I can see why you've decided to lump everything on Kenwright. So he made the verbal agreement? He sat down and wrote the contract. He personallly was made resonsible for posting it? Come on, get real, this ain't the mafia where Kingpin does the killing himself. That's a move, this is real life. The club messed up, no doubt. Some may argue that it was a genuine mess up based on a snidey player (whom you've chosen to absolve), but Kenwright does delegate and even the best run organisation gets things wrong.

I've decided to lump this on Kenwright as it was Kenwright, not Elstone, not Harrison, called to give evidence to the FA Premier League. Like I said, its got Kenwrights fingerprints all over it.

It was Kenwright as deal maker who once again (see NTL, Kings Dock etc) who failed to rubber stamp the deal thus leaving the club in a weakened position by

1. Losing a player who we will now have to replace - that will cost us money
2. Losing the potential of a transfer fee that could've offset the cost of a replacement
3. Leaves EFC in a weaker bargaining position should Gosling wish to reconsider his position at EFC

Finally, this event just does not reflect well on the club, its competence, if we can't even get the basics of player contracts right. In case you didn't notice this is a highly embarrassing gaff that is being derided in the media.

Everton FC have been wording, agreeing and administering footballers contracts for well over 100 years and yet here we have 2 embarrassing cock ups (Nyarko/Gosling) on Kenwrights watch.

I'm an Evertonian, I'm entitled to expect better.

What we are being served up by Kenwright, as the head honcho, is gaff after gaff. The buck stops with the man at the top. Its high time he grew a pair and owned up to his mistakes and some people also need to acknowledge this and stop making up excuse after excuse for something that is actually damaging to the club.

Wise words BT, some of these "Evertonians" won't be happy until we become Portsmouth. The same ones who forget Bill's part in clinching the Sky deal.

I suggest putting everyone on ignore apart from Matt Damon.

Bill brought us Mr Testicles, what else does he have to prove to you? Anyone who can get a giant ballsack to walk around Goodison at half time without anyone flinching deserves our mutual masturbation. If he delivers Paul Dickov, I'll lay down my life to him.

13 posts in and acting like a **** having a go at people for "defending Kenwright."

Guess what fella?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back