Gosling lost due to more boardroom incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defo, no excusing whoever's* responsibility it is in the club to note it and tie up the contract but Gosling has played a cute game there. You would have expected better.

* the club have various employees you know

The point is - someone in the loop expect it to be Elstone in conjunction with Moyes, would have said, we are not spending more than X of the wage budget on Gosling.

The agents took a high line in negotiations from the outset and been evasive when it looked like he wouldn't get what he promised Gosling. He's gone along with it... and well this has happened.

Its proper snide considering Gosling's injury.

Summer time seems to be "Agent's season". All the snides come out demanding things.

Gosling free to leave Everton – but will he?
According to reports, Dan Gosling is free to leave Everton should another club offer him a deal after a calamity of errors involving Everton agreeing a new deal with the 20 year old England Under 21 international.

Gosling signed from Plymouth two years ago and quickly won a place in Evertonians’ hearts after scoring in the 117th minute against Liverpool in the FA Cup as Everton stormed to the final. However, as Everton failed to get a deal done in writing before the deadline in his contract, he is now free to choose another club.

But, Gosling could still sign a new deal with Everton, the club who have given him his chance in the Premier League, and who, if his continued treatment at Goodison is a hint, want him to stay. So why would he leave?

Gosling was more than interested in The Everton Collection when he was brought along for it’s launch, and could be heard telling fans how much he loved our history. He is good friends with his team-mates, and he knows he will get more opportunities to chip in with goals against the “top four” for Everton in the future.

The fact that he had also AGREED a new deal, albeit verbally, with Everton would suggest that he doesn’t want to leave. It was Everton who asked the Premier League to investigate the circumstances, so that it was clear if a new deal would need to be offered. It now transpires that it does need to be, and presumably will be. It’s up to Gosling whether or not to accept, but in the few months that have passed, what has changed?

copied off nsno site
Does anyone know if he is still receiving treatment at the club?
could be just a ploy to get same deal as rodwell

Last edited:
Im going to see on this one a) becuase its only been in rags and b) because he could well stay.

I wonder how this could impact on his rehab program etc if he left - i wouldnt blame him smarting and not being taken of in that Wolves game when he was clearly injured!

I think if this all goes pear shaped though a long hard look needs to be made at the club secretary - this is the second gaffe theyve made in recent memory.

Im going to see on this one a) becuase its only been in rags and b) because he could well stay.

I wonder how this could impact on his rehab program etc if he left - i wouldnt blame him smarting and not being taken of in that Wolves game when he was clearly injured!

I think if this all goes pear shaped though a long hard look needs to be made at the club secretary - this is the second gaffe theyve made in recent memory.
what the [Poor language removed] was the first ??

He may have verbally agreed to a new deal but you don't get decent young prospects for a free transfer anymore. His wage price tag just went through the roof. NUFC and Sunderland aren't broke and he could break into being a regular starter there pretty easily. NUFC also has a track record of paying stupid money for players no matter what the fincancial situtation.

From what I read he's worth 4M so we are better off overpaying him a little to stay, if he wants to. However thanks to the cockup he might be earning 10-20k more/week.

why would he want to go to the clubs he has been link with when we're looking at fourth or above next season and they are sh*ting it bout relagation:blink:

why would he want to go to the clubs he has been link with when we're looking at fourth or above next season and they are sh*ting it bout relagation:blink:

First team football.

What a snidey little blert. We don't even get any tribunal fee. ******.

*this based on the proviso it's true

Apparently, it not nailed on that hes leaving and he hasnt indicated that he wants to leave and hes continueing his rehab and Finch farm. The fact he agreed a deal verbally means he has the intention to stay, apparently the club asked the PL to look into the matter to clarify the rules which apperently didnt go how they expected.

Think this may well turn out to be a non story - doesnt sound like Goslings charicter from all reports.

The Echo - Mr O'Keefe (who's actually out there in Australia with Moyes) is putting a different spin on things....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...ing-keen-to-quit-everton-fc-100252-26802724/?

Representatives for the England Under-21 star claimed Everton failed to offer him an extension to his initial deal in writing, meaning they could expose a legal loophole.

Gosling, who joined from Plymouth Argyle in 2008, has enraged Goodison officials over his conduct during the acrimonious affair, which meant chairman Bill Kenwright and David Moyes had to give statements to the inquiry.

The Blues had wanted Gosling to sign a new deal, with a verbal offer believed to have been agreed, but a failure to put that in writing by the mid-May cut-off point meant he could walk out for free if he so chose....

The versatile youngster, who scored the FA Cup replay winner over Liverpool two seasons ago, is thought to have deliberately stalled on a new deal because he wants first team football in his preferred central midfield position.

It is understood Everton are aggrieved that Gosling has chosen this way to leave, after the club gave him his break in top-flight football and supported him to the half way point of his cruciate knee ligament rehabilitation.

Gosling is clear to speak to any club and negotiate his own terms, which are likely to include a huge signing on fee, but he is still three months off fitness.

Sunderland are also rumoured to be interested in his signature, while West Ham have also been alerted about his availability.

The scenario is a double blow for David Moyes, who has supported Gosling throughout his Goodison career and recent long term injury woes, and who would at least have been able to use a £4m fee to further his own summer transfer budget.

As I said, it smacks of evasiveness.

But the FACHT of the matter is - Dan, are you telling me you deserve a starting place in the XI ?

Because yes you've been a great impact sub and took up good positions, but you're hardly a Felliani or Arteta or a Billy (who himself has scored important goals) or a Pienaar....

Really?

Maybe sometime in future. But not right now.

Remember. "It doesn't tend to work out for players who leave Everton".

He'll end up being a cooked-Goose if he's stupid enough to leave.

Last edited:
Lee, you might want to read this:

Gosling, who joined from Plymouth Argyle in 2008, has enraged Goodison officials over his conduct during the acrimonious affair, which meant chairman Bill Kenwright and David Moyes had to give statements to the inquiry.

The Blues had wanted Gosling to sign a new deal, with a verbal offer believed to have been agreed, but a failure to put that in writing by the mid-May cut-off point meant he could walk out for free if he so chose.

It is understood Everton are aggrieved that Gosling has chosen this way to leave, after the club gave him his break in top-flight football and supported him to the half way point of his cruciate knee ligament rehabilitation.

Cracking opening post mate, and good luck with the bedwetting.

It does look like we've seriously messed up, like.

I'll wait until we find out the full story and whether he is actually leaving before I start pointing fingers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back