Gosling lost due to more boardroom incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the contract was accepted verbally, but the administrative staff messed up getting a physical contract down?

Oh god. Thats shocking.

He's forever to be an Everton hero because of this..

dan-gosling-415x275.jpg

So the contract was accepted verbally, but the administrative staff messed up getting a physical contract down?

Oh god. Thats shocking.

He's forever to be an Everton hero because of this..

Subjective and totally unproven.

And Lee in Huyton, don't forget to give Staveros and the rest of the bedwetting virgins our regards!

Are you saying that this whole thing could just be a delay in contract negotiations?

Stranger things have happened.

Its a dangerous game in negotiations, but thats what all negotiations are. Game Theory.

John Nash won a Nobel Prize for inventing the subject of Behavioural Economics - lid.

If this is true and Gosling leaves... then blame shouldn't be placed on one single doorstep, but on all.

1. The board for not writing something down and give to Gosling or his agent. But it's strange since in most other situations a verbal contract is just as binding as a written one, but rules are rules.
2. The agent for not talking to the club about the situation and ask if they are interested in keeping him. Smells like an agent smelling money by being dodgy, like Rooney.
3. Gosling for agreeing to a new deal verbally, but when it doesn't come on paper deliberately wait long enough until he can demand more money, and if he doesn't get it... leave for a free and say it's the clubs fault.

I for one, don't rate Gosling that high. Apart from THE GOAL he hasn't really shined when he has played for us. Among our midfielders I think he's the last in the peckingorder. Cahill-Arteta-Pienaar-Osman-Neville-Fellaini-Billy-Rodwell-Anichebe is most likely ahead of him in the line. And if we bring in one or two more midfielders or some other youngster get his breakthrough like Rodwell have, he might fall even further down into the reservepool.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent have told him to lay low until now and look for a better deal somewhere else since many agents are more interested in earning money for themselves than to look out for the best for their clients. He probably won't get much first-team action this year unless we get a lot of injuries. So with his age, promise (he does have potential) and on a free he would be very interesting to clubs slightly below us in the peckingorder, even if he's currently injured.

Do any footballers actually represent themselves??

Is it a legal requirement to have an agent?

I think he will stay but if there was a mid May cut of point, big questions need to be asked as i remember hearing about this last Feb.

Sounds to me like he's effectively gone already. You don't go applying for a ruling that you're a free agent, and dragging Moyes and Kenwright off to tribunals, just so you can end up renegotiating your contract.

Sounds to me like he's effectively gone already. You don't go applying for a ruling that you're a free agent, and dragging Moyes and Kenwright off to tribunals, just so you can end up renegotiating your contract.

They can make submissions/statements in writing. Hence Moyes is in Australia but didn't have to physically be there to make it.

Surely if Moyes was desperate to hang onto him , he would have made sure the contract was on the table....but hey what do i know.

He wouldn't be a 1st choice pick, maybe another promising youngster will stake a claim.

Sounds like he is definitely getting bad advice from his agent, but if he wants regular first team football, it won't be with us.

Something else though....I wonder if the club changed the terms of the contract due to his injury...I mean, they might have verbally agreed something pre-injury and then tweaked it at the last minute, hence Goose and his agent refusing it. So when the agent says that the club didn't follow up the verbal agreement with something written, they might well have done...just not the verbally agreed version.

In any case, what sort of club are going to sign a player that is only halfway through recovering from a cruciate injury and then will still have to regain full fitness? And if they do, what sort of conditions will they be wanting to put in a contract? If he wants to be an ass and leave and go to Newcastle or Sunderland then let him. He will be the next John Oster and disappear down the divisions and end up back at Plymouth.

Someone needs to give the lad a shake and tell him he might well be f*cking his career if he leaves now just cos he can't play centre mid, which he is not good enough to do anyway. He should look at Anichebe...the penny clearly dropped with him when he was injured...he cleaned up his attitude, stopped moaning about playing on the right and now he looks a player. Ossy too...not my favourite player, but a great servant who has never moaned about being stuck on the wing.

Am sick of agents and players who think they are better than what they are.

I don't think Moyes would overlook a written contract being presented to one of his players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back