Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of fitties in my gym. Loads. It's right next to a student halls.

Someone nicked my bottle of water before though, couldn't believe it. That didn't even happen in Birkenhead FFS!

Slowly getting back into doing weights via my mini home gym in my garage. Will probably never get to the heights I got to in 3rd year of uni but it'll be nice to try. Difficult without a partner to push you on.

Did the Liverpool MoRun 10K on Saturday, got 42:05 finshed 13th out of 361, proper buzzing!! That was the fastest race i've done by far, was dying by the end of it, i'm gonna enter the Liverpool half marathon next. Start training for it after Christmas.

Jesus, that's seriously speedy. Nice one!

Did the Liverpool MoRun 10K on Saturday, got 42:05 finshed 13th out of 361, proper buzzing!! That was the fastest race i've done by far, was dying by the end of it, i'm gonna enter the Liverpool half marathon next. Start training for it after Christmas.
Did a 10km race in 47:55 yesterday. Pretty pleased with that considering the conditions and the course. Targeting 45m flat by spring!

Excellent effort these lads. Seriously superb times. Nice one !!

Has a great week last week.... Weekend of mountain biking, Monday off, Tuesday 10k run, Wednesday footy training with a local team, Thursday and Friday also Five a side football... Sat and sun off, gonna play 5 aside again now.....

Not bad for an old fat man !!

I would say all times are good to work on. Everyone has to start somewhere and so any novice runner looking at these times, could be intimidated by them. All times are good to work on

Absolutely. Consistency is the key. If you are seriously training for a race or with the purpose of seeing some real improvement then having a training log is the most important thing you can do. You don't need to hammer it all the time or run stupid mileage, just keep it consistent 3-4 times a week and you will see gradual improvement. Looking back at my logs this time last year I was doing a deathly slow 12:30min/mile @ 148HR, now I have improved down to 10:00min/mile at the same heart rate, simply by consistent training 3-4 times each week. Even now that we are in winter training and I am doing fewer miles than in summer, I'm still seeing slow improvement.

My goal for next year is to improve down to 9:00min/mile at the same heart rate. The human body is an absolute marvel of adaptability.. if give it the appropriate stimulus and allow it to recover then it will always grow back stronger and stronger.. it's nature's mechanism that ensures our survival and our ability to thrive.

I would say all times are good to work on. Everyone has to start somewhere and so any novice runner looking at these times, could be intimidated by them. All times are good to work on

Indeed, it doesn't really matter where you are, just give it the best you can. Whether you're fast or slow, fat or thin, all any of us can do is our best.

As for me, lots of turbo work at this time of year, with usually around 6-8 hours on it per week. Really not a fan of winter at all. If you head out the weather is often awful, and then you've got the faff of cleaning the bike after each ride. Roll on summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back