Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
57318448.jpg

I went to my gf's gym yesterday (at the Gym Group so just used her code) and it was pretty much empty. I normally run but its too icy out there at the moment.

I'm probably at my peak in terms of strength and what not at the moment but I've plateaued a bit again. I was well in to it in the run up to Christmas as well.

Was taking creatine for a bit before I read that it can cause hair loss. Fcuked that right off!

Finally started with the old rock climbing over Xmas. Haven't made much progress yet in terms of route difficulty but my fear of heights has now been overtaken by my motivation to get fit and strengthen my back, so I reckon I'll be progressing quite quickly as long as can go twice a week.

Got a few sessions on the turbo under the belt here - using the trainer road program which really helps with the mental side, makes it interesting (a bit). Had a few goes at a tt position on the aero bars and by God it is uncomfortable. Going to take some time to get that right.

More importantly, keeps me off the ale - some serious efforts needed in that direction after a particularly boozy December.

Got a few sessions on the turbo under the belt here - using the trainer road program which really helps with the mental side, makes it interesting (a bit). Had a few goes at a tt position on the aero bars and by God it is uncomfortable. Going to take some time to get that right.

More importantly, keeps me off the ale - some serious efforts needed in that direction after a particularly boozy December.

What kind of sessions are you doing mate?

What kind of sessions are you doing mate?
Doing a sweet spot training plan atm - there's loads to choose from on trainer road. Will move onto a time trial specific one after that.
Finding the intervals pretty comfortable, but they've been based on a FTP I set on my first ever turbo ride. Raised it 15% last night on a test (just from being more used to the turbo, I'm no fitter), so should be a bit more difficult now.

Doing a sweet spot training plan atm - there's loads to choose from on trainer road. Will move onto a time trial specific one after that.
Finding the intervals pretty comfortable, but they've been based on a FTP I set on my first ever turbo ride. Raised it 15% last night on a test (just from being more used to the turbo, I'm no fitter), so should be a bit more difficult now.

Aye, and there seldom seems to be consensus around just what the zones really are/should be. Is sweet spot around 85% of FTP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back