Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on you personally lad. I seem to put on bulk pretty easily with supplementing my normal diet with a little bit extra protein, but I know others really struggle to put it on and need far more protein than I do.

It's not that simple though, you can gorge on protein but unless your body is producing the hormones required to be able to use it to synthesize new muscle production then it's not going to have much effect. Problem is that many people have such screwed up metabolism that they'll be low responders regardless of the amount of protein they have and the training they do.

It's not that simple though, you can gorge on protein but unless your body is producing the hormones required to be able to use it to synthesize new muscle production then it's not going to have much effect. Problem is that many people have such screwed up metabolism that they'll be low responders regardless of the amount of protein they have and the training they do.
Aye and thats true in itself. The lad was wanting to know if there was a yes or no answer and a set answer as to how much you should take, and the short answer is no, depends on the individual as to the effectiveness and how much you need to consume.

Aye and thats true in itself. The lad was wanting to know if there was a yes or no answer and a set answer as to how much you should take, and the short answer is no, depends on the individual as to the effectiveness and how much you need to consume.

High protein intake is far more applicable to those who are on gear, due to the way that gear aids food partitioning and protein synthesis. You're infinitely more anabolic when you're 'on'.

When you're natural, generally speaking, as long as you're consuming protein with every meal and don't have the appetite of a small girl you'll be fine. Some red meat every day, or every other day, and a whey shake after training if you're totally paranoid, and you'll be fine

For a natural lifter it's far more important to nail the training side of things, because you wont have the benefits of the juice

Hope everyone's doing well.

Am 9 weeks out from my next marathon, went on my first long run since September yesterday... completed a half marathon distance in 1:54 yesterday. Well chuffed! Should be on course to handily beat my 3:59 PB for the full.

I'm off to California for 6 weeks next month, a few of us are entering the San Diego Half Marathon while we're there, going to start upping my running starting tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it as it'll be my first one.

I'm off to California for 6 weeks next month, a few of us are entering the San Diego Half Marathon while we're there, going to start upping my running starting tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it as it'll be my first one.

Nice. I really like half marathon distance - not as eyeball suckingly hard as a 5 or 10k and much easier mentally and physically than the full. You should pretty much smash it if that recent 10k is anything to go by!

Nice. I really like half marathon distance - not as eyeball suckingly hard as a 5 or 10k and much easier mentally and physically than the full. You should pretty much smash it if that recent 10k is anything to go by!

Yeah I was thinking that, it's just getting my body used to running further I have been ticking over with a couple of 3-5 mile runs a week since the 10K, along with boxing and football. My average pace is around 6:55 a mile I know this will be more like 7:15/20 over a longer distance, I would love to do it in under 1hr 40min.

Will probably depend on the course, weather and altitude etc though.

Am 9 weeks out from my next marathon, went on my first long run since September yesterday... completed a half marathon distance in 1:54 yesterday. Well chuffed! Should be on course to handily beat my 3:59 PB for the full.

That's good going mate, I'm hoping to complete London in sub 4. A long way from achieving at the moment as I'm only at just sub 10 minute miles. I'm needing to knock another minute of my mile pace. Hopefully a few speed runs and hill runs will help!!

Good going that mate, keep up the hard work.

well lids,you make me look positively useless........i'm doing a running programme to get me to run 5k only !!,into week 3 now where i'm running for 5 mins walking for 2,four times.By the end of this week if I complete the tasks then I should be on running 8 mins,walking 2 mins, twice.

quite happy with it though as week one was run 1 min & walk 1 min for 20 mins,and even me at 50+ years old can feel an improvement in the short space of time i've been getting my runners on.

My aim is to run a 10k come May for a local hospital,but considering I stopped playing football 20 years ago , i decided to start of with the 5k distance.

well lids,you make me look positively useless........i'm doing a running programme to get me to run 5k only !!,into week 3 now where i'm running for 5 mins walking for 2,four times.By the end of this week if I complete the tasks then I should be on running 8 mins,walking 2 mins, twice.

quite happy with it though as week one was run 1 min & walk 1 min for 20 mins,and even me at 50+ years old can feel an improvement in the short space of time i've been getting my runners on.

My aim is to run a 10k come May for a local hospital,but considering I stopped playing football 20 years ago , i decided to start of with the 5k distance.

Don't worry about anyone else mate, as long as you're making progress, that's all that matters ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back