Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet spot is a training plan like base etc, I've been doing it but not really sticking to the plan as it doesn't factor in real life rides. If its dry in the week id rather go out and do 30-50km in the dark. Some sessions will be a ftp test, others an hour of endurance 60-80%, intervals etc.

The FTP tests are a bit silly though, there's the 20 min one and the x2 8 minute one, needless to say when i did the x8 mins my FTP rose about 20% or something.

Really finding it hard to get motivated for the turbo even with trainer road.

Increasing my strength workout in the gym.. 2 sessions a week, moderately heavy lifting (6-7 reps), focussing on core and lower body. 4-6 weeks of that should put me in good condition for the season ahead.

I'm gonna try some of this Carb back loading shiz, too.

Anyone got personal training experience or just knowledge on the subject. I have heard so many rumours and stories of how much protein is required when trying to build muscle. I've heard firgures ranging from 0.4g per pound of weight upto 2 grams per pound of weight.

Starting from scratch again.. I got quite fit last year as I was getting married, but after it all i have done is eat pies and sit on my ars*!

Just joined Lifestyles by me and determined to beast it again.. I want to lose weight and maybe do a some weights but I don't have a clue where to start..

The main goal for me is to lose weight..

Would anybody have a weekly schedule, or workout plan they could share ?? I want to try and go at least 3 times a week.

I'm doing the 5x5 strong lifts has anyone else tried this program been doing it for a few weeks now can notice difference in my legs but feel as if I'm not doing enough chest and arms

5x5 so workout a squats 5 sets of 5 overhead lifts 5 sets of 5 and dead lift 1 set of 5
Workout b
Squats 5 sets of 5
Bench press 5 sets of 5
Barbell row 5 sets of 5
After each work out weight goes up by 2.5 kg and deadlifts go up by 5 kg

5x5 so workout a squats 5 sets of 5 overhead lifts 5 sets of 5 and dead lift 1 set of 5
Workout b
Squats 5 sets of 5
Bench press 5 sets of 5
Barbell row 5 sets of 5
After each work out weight goes up by 2.5 kg and deadlifts go up by 5 kg
Deffo going to start this, and include some treadmill work after it? How long are you spending in the gym each session ?

I've got the barbell and weight plates at home takes 40 mins and then I do 3 sets of 30 sit-ups and a set of ten takes about an hour all together and you take 1min 30 between each weight set. The programming is free app on phone just type 5x5 strong lifts

I've got the barbell and weight plates at home takes 40 mins and then I do 3 sets of 30 sit-ups and a set of ten takes about an hour all together and you take 1min 30 between each weight set. The programming is free app on phone just type 5x5 strong lifts

Sound mate.. Don't think my gym has free weights I'll have to improvise!

Anyone got personal training experience or just knowledge on the subject. I have heard so many rumours and stories of how much protein is required when trying to build muscle. I've heard firgures ranging from 0.4g per pound of weight upto 2 grams per pound of weight.

@maddison is the man for advice.

Been years since I done protein shakes, want to trim some fat off me. Currently doing a lot of juicing this year, not too bad.

Sweet spot is a training plan like base etc, I've been doing it but not really sticking to the plan as it doesn't factor in real life rides. If its dry in the week id rather go out and do 30-50km in the dark. Some sessions will be a ftp test, others an hour of endurance 60-80%, intervals etc.

The FTP tests are a bit silly though, there's the 20 min one and the x2 8 minute one, needless to say when i did the x8 mins my FTP rose about 20% or something.
I was wondering about that - what an actual hours ride at FTP would feel like, based on the 8 min x2 test value (believe it's 90% of the average of the two). Sounds like it would be an horrendous experience - 90% of 2 separated 8 min efforts must give you an extremely optimistic FTP value.

It's virtual power in the first place, though (at least that is what I am using), so I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's consistent for you on the turbo across sessions.

I was wondering about that - what an actual hours ride at FTP would feel like, based on the 8 min x2 test value (believe it's 90% of the average of the two). Sounds like it would be an horrendous experience - 90% of 2 separated 8 min efforts must give you an extremely optimistic FTP value.

It's virtual power in the first place, though (at least that is what I am using), so I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's consistent for you on the turbo across sessions.

For a bit I'd do a lot of 1hr FTP sessions to try and replicate as best as possible climbing an Alpine pass. It's tough mentally as much as physically, but is probably as good a training as you can get in the UK.

Swerved that last year as the training was for the Stelvio so more like 2hrs of climbing, but it's worked well previously. This year it's the Maratona so I'll probably do 3x30 intervals at FTP pace (once I can work up to that)

Depends on you personally lad. I seem to put on bulk pretty easily with supplementing my normal diet with a little bit extra protein, but I know others really struggle to put it on and need far more protein than I do.

0.4g is too little; 2g is too much.. right in the middle is probably the sweet spot for most people, say, 0.8g - 1.2g/lb.
I wouldn't worry about it too much; protein is very satiating, so your natural hunger mechanism should tell you when enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back