Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit of advise from you lids in the know,as previously written just started running ,bought a pair of every day runners for 40 euros when I started but finding i'm getting pain in my lower calf muscles, A, is it because I'm starting out,or is it B , the trainers might not be the most supportive ?.
If so,what would you recommend,without going over the top and spending shed loads on them ?

bit of advise from you lids in the know,as previously written just started running ,bought a pair of every day runners for 40 euros when I started but finding i'm getting pain in my lower calf muscles, A, is it because I'm starting out,or is it B , the trainers might not be the most supportive ?.
If so,what would you recommend,without going over the top and spending shed loads on them ?

Not easy to say without seeing you run. I would suspect that it's both due to poor running form and because your body still needs to get used to it. Try looking up "Pose running" for some tips on what you should be focussing on form-wise. I actually prefer minimalist-style shoes with minimal support, but not everyone does - it's very individual, but I think it's important to be aware of the arguments for and against.. it's a simplification to think that the running shoe needs to be as supportive as possible.

Went for a little trip in the park today.. many runners to observe.. and it's incredible just how biomechanically poor most casual runners are - unsymmetrical strides, muscle imbalances causing the foot to swing inwards or outwards, un-coordinated limbs, etc etc. Horrid to watch!

Training with music, who does it?

I used to all the time, but for about 5 years I haven't bothered at all. Went for a run yesterday using music and struggled big time, my pace was off and I couldn't get my head clear, just kept thinking this is gonna be a crap time. Not sure if I've had an off day and it's more coincidence the fact I had my earphones in or whether that was the reason. I''m going out for a run on Saturday will try it with music again and see if it's the same.

Anyone else use music? Or had similar experiences?

Right started the Stronglifts program and love it! I'm struggling with food though.. I'm doing the program to lose fat and build muscle.. But I'm starving all the time now!! What can I smack on? I was thinking Peanut butter low fat, banana, brown toast ??

Right started the Stronglifts program and love it! I'm struggling with food though.. I'm doing the program to lose fat and build muscle.. But I'm starving all the time now!! What can I smack on? I was thinking Peanut butter low fat, banana, brown toast ??

Have yout tried the app, my fitness pal.

Been doing a lot of research on Vitamin D lately.
Shocking levels of deficiency in the general population.
"Normal" guidelines are way off, by a factor of x10.

Do yourself a favour and watch this if you have a chance:

It measures everything you eat, cals, carbs, fats, protein. You can even scan your food.

Great call this - works really well. In fact if you are considering a diet adjustment, use this first on a standard eating week and it will help you identify your issues.

One of mine was a almost a total lack of Vitamin C

Been doing a lot of research on Vitamin D lately.
Shocking levels of deficiency in the general population.
"Normal" guidelines are way off, by a factor of x10.

Do yourself a favour and watch this if you have a chance:

Do you watch that pish on the turbo evilwebby? I just watched bitter lake on an interval session - very good, but perhaps the mental fog helped.

Back in the swing of things here - lost 3 weeks to a chest infection. Not really that bad, just takes ages to clear up.

Do you watch that pish on the turbo evilwebby? I just watched bitter lake on an interval session - very good, but perhaps the mental fog helped.

Back in the swing of things here - lost 3 weeks to a chest infection. Not really that bad, just takes ages to clear up.

I can't manage anything that requires concentration to be honest. Usually just stick some old race footage and maybe some music. CyclingTorrents is great for all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back