Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change what you're doing in the gym, have a look where you can tidy your diet and maybe drop one session a week to recover better. Most people are well enough hydrated either. It aids weight loss.

Talk to me about the hydration thing mate.

I don't drink nearly enough water per day.

And you say drop a session to recover? Do I go too often?!

Talk to me about the hydration thing mate.

I don't drink nearly enough water per day.

And you say drop a session to recover? Do I go too often?!

Possibly, It depends what you're doing when you're there. It's always a good idea to mix up your workout and keep your body guessing.

If you're going Mon-fri or even 6 days your body doesn't really have time to recover. If you drop a sesh over time your performance would improve which would mean you'd end up getting more work done as you're running faster, lifting heavier etc. Recovery is important too.

Staying hydrated is fairly simple. If your piss is uncoloured you're OK. if it has a colour you may be a bit dehydrated. Get yourself a 1ltr bottle of water and drink it through the day in work. Should do you fine.

A lot of people can save calories just by switching to water from fizzy drinks, tea, coffee etc. Might be enough to get the weight off a bit.

Possibly, It depends what you're doing when you're there. It's always a good idea to mix up your workout and keep your body guessing.

If you're going Mon-fri or even 6 days your body doesn't really have time to recover. If you drop a sesh over time your performance would improve which would mean you'd end up getting more work done as you're running faster, lifting heavier etc. Recovery is important too.

Staying hydrated is fairly simple. If your piss is uncoloured you're OK. if it has a colour you may be a bit dehydrated. Get yourself a 1ltr bottle of water and drink it through the day in work. Should do you fine.

A lot of people can save calories just by switching to water from fizzy drinks, tea, coffee etc. Might be enough to get the weight off a bit.

Ah. I do drink an absolute shed load of tea. Might start to jib it off a bit.

I've never drank as much water as I should. I'll work on that I reckon.

Only done 6 days this week as I missed a load the week before as my folks were visiting. Usually do Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Good tips. Thanks mate.

Ah. I do drink an absolute shed load of tea. Might start to jib it off a bit.

I've never drank as much water as I should. I'll work on that I reckon.

Only done 6 days this week as I missed a load the week before as my folks were visiting. Usually do Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Good tips. Thanks mate.

No worries Ijj. If there's a trainer have a word. They're sounder than they look.

Think I need advise from this thread.

I've been going to the gym pretty consistently 5 days a week for about 6 months now.

Initially I lost loads of weight but now appear to have plateaud (sp!).

I'm still toning muscles (arms mainly) which is good. But I want to still lose a bit of weight. In fact I've been 6 days this week and just weighed in 1lb higher than last week!! I don't really get it.

Any advice to get the last bit of weight I want off?

Cheers in advance.

Extra weight doesn't necessarily mean more fat.

Bigger muscles = more weight.

I eat annoyingly healthy mate and keep calories to a minimum.

Calories do taste nice though!

What sort of cardio would you recommend?

Whatever you enjoy really. Keeping it up is the main thing so find something that you can do regularly. Whether it's running, cycling, swimming, some other sport doesn't really matter too much.

Extra weight doesn't necessarily mean more fat.

Bigger muscles = more weight.

Is right

5lb-of-fat-and-5lb-of-muscle.jpg

Well, time to blow my own trumpet,after 8 weeks of training I managed to reach my goal and run 5k this morning. Since giving up playing football 20 years ago,and into my 50's now,decided to set myself a challenge to get fitter,and today I did it, 30 mins and 42 seconds isn't world record pace and I doubt Dennis Kimetto will be looking over his shoulder any time soon, but i'm buzzing !.

Nice! Even if you have modest ambitions, so long as you enjoy the journey then you're winning bigtime.

Think I need advise from this thread.

I've been going to the gym pretty consistently 5 days a week for about 6 months now.

Initially I lost loads of weight but now appear to have plateaud (sp!).

I'm still toning muscles (arms mainly) which is good. But I want to still lose a bit of weight. In fact I've been 6 days this week and just weighed in 1lb higher than last week!! I don't really get it.

Any advice to get the last bit of weight I want off?

Cheers in advance.

My 3 rules of health and fitness:

- What you eat & your lifestyle choices determines your health and weight (nobody can out-exercise a poor diet).
- Aerobic exercise determines your fitness level
- Weights & anaerobic work determine your strength level

Ergo-
It's possible to be healthy but weak and/or unfit
It's possible to be fit or strong but unhealthy
It's possible to be fit but weak, or strong but unfit

I eat healthier than ever. To stay slim and to look after my teeth as I get older. I choose to walk more often than I go on the bus. I am not a lazy person in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back