Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a big cyclist or did I imagine it?

If so, what's your thoughts on seats for numb nuts syndrome? Been suffering a bit recently and need a new seat I think!

A small one actually (arf). Unless you go with a big padded seat, the best thing is to go for decent shorts. You can end up spending serious dosh on them but the better ones do tend to have a more effective pad in them, which tends to pay off if you're doing a longer ride.

You can guesstimate I guess. I didn't find it too hard inputting what I had eaten. But it doesn't tell you the amount you should eat. It does total up fats, salts and sugars etc that you have consumed though!

Aye, which is a good start and valuable information for sure. I've been going the low tech route for a while now and keeping my own food diary. Should perhaps check out an app as I'm sure they make it a bit more comprehensive. Habits and all that though :)

A small one actually (arf). Unless you go with a big padded seat, the best thing is to go for decent shorts. You can end up spending serious dosh on them but the better ones do tend to have a more effective pad in them, which tends to pay off if you're doing a longer ride.
I find the turbo pretty uncomfortable - no problems with the same bike on the road at all, but immobilised inside it does me backside nae favours. Need to shift around quite a bit and I only do 1 or 1 1/2 hour sessions.

Had a good climbing session today. Mastered 3s and 4-s, onto 4s now. Reckon I'll have them sewn up next time I go and then it's on to 4+. Starting to really enjoy the challenge now, the fear of heights has gone. Great workout. Reckon it'll help my back a lot if not fix it completely.

Does it deal with portion sizes or is that something you have to figure out for yourself?

Yeah it does, if you scan your item it will produce all the nutrition info for one suggested serving size. But you can imput how much of it you actually had and it automatically re-calculates the amounts of calories/carbs/fats etc its briliant, then just keeps a running total through the day.

Just ran the Old Dear Park Richmond half marathon in 1h:39m:40(ish).

Chuffed to bits with that, though I thought my heart was gonna explode at some points. Gives me some good confidence for full marathon in 3 weeks' time.

Well, time to blow my own trumpet,after 8 weeks of training I managed to reach my goal and run 5k this morning. Since giving up playing football 20 years ago,and into my 50's now,decided to set myself a challenge to get fitter,and today I did it, 30 mins and 42 seconds isn't world record pace and I doubt Dennis Kimetto will be looking over his shoulder any time soon, but i'm buzzing !.

Think I need advise from this thread.

I've been going to the gym pretty consistently 5 days a week for about 6 months now.

Initially I lost loads of weight but now appear to have plateaud (sp!).

I'm still toning muscles (arms mainly) which is good. But I want to still lose a bit of weight. In fact I've been 6 days this week and just weighed in 1lb higher than last week!! I don't really get it.

Any advice to get the last bit of weight I want off?

Cheers in advance.

I've been going to the gym pretty consistently 5 days a week for about 6 months now.

I'm still toning muscles (arms mainly) which is good. But I want to still lose a bit of weight. In fact I've been 6 days this week and just weighed in 1lb higher than last week!! I don't really get it.

Cheers in advance.

Sounds trite but calories burned have to be less than calories eaten. Simple as that really, so look at what you're eating, and maybe think of doing some more cardio.

Cheers in advance.

Change what you're doing in the gym, have a look where you can tidy your diet and maybe drop one session a week to recover better. Most people are well enough hydrated either. It aids weight loss.

Sounds trite but calories burned have to be less than calories eaten. Simple as that really, so look at what you're eating, and maybe think of doing some more cardio.

I eat annoyingly healthy mate and keep calories to a minimum.

Calories do taste nice though!

What sort of cardio would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back