Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised I've put in 6 days training in a row.

Friday was field skills session and some sprint work
Saturday gym work - snatch, deadlift, bench
Sunday - went for 35 min jog
Monday - light field session with tackling and anaerobic training
Tuesday - snatch warm up, squat and pull up training
Wednesday - field session with lots of mid speed running.

I think tomorrow shall be a rest day. Even though I don't feel tired, the body and mind will thank me

Just realised I've put in 6 days training in a row.

Friday was field skills session and some sprint work
Saturday gym work - snatch, deadlift, bench
Sunday - went for 35 min jog
Monday - light field session with tackling and anaerobic training
Tuesday - snatch warm up, squat and pull up training
Wednesday - field session with lots of mid speed running.

I think tomorrow shall be a rest day. Even though I don't feel tired, the body and mind will thank me

I always get as much of this in on a Saturday as well. Giggity

Genuinely thinking of buying a turbo trainer for my bike.

Just got on the scales for the first time in ages, mortified to find out I've gone over 20% body fat for the first time in my life. Would rather it was half that, so some serious hard work will have to be done. History suggests I'll fail in the kitchen rather than on the treadmill or the bike though.

The turbo is great, but can require a large dose of motivation to keep it up as it isn't the most exciting way of riding. With the days getting longer though and hopefully the weather warming up a bit, it should be easier to get outside in the mornings before work.

The turbo is great, but can require a large dose of motivation to keep it up as it isn't the most exciting way of riding. With the days getting longer though and hopefully the weather warming up a bit, it should be easier to get outside in the mornings before work.

Went out for a 10k to get the cobwebs off yesterday Bruce, lovely day here on Isle and managed to find a route without too many steep hills, pushed any thoughts of a turbo out my mind when it's like that. Will have to restart my daily cycle to work soon if the weather keeps improving.

I got a turbo this winter and it's been fantastic - defo recommended. Just being able to stick in an hour of quality training, say, after work makes a big difference. Their are training programs you can get that monitor your power output and make it interesting, structure the session etc. I'd struggle to use it without something like this - as Bruce says it would be really tough to just get on and pedal without some sort of feedback mechanism.
Maybe something for next winter, though, now that spring is in the air.

Did a great session the other day of sufferfest revolver on the laptop, integrated with trainer road - min on / min off at 150%ftp x 16. Unsteady on the feet after that one.

I got a turbo this winter and it's been fantastic - defo recommended. Just being able to stick in an hour of quality training, say, after work makes a big difference. Their are training programs you can get that monitor your power output and make it interesting, structure the session etc. I'd struggle to use it without something like this - as Bruce says it would be really tough to just get on and pedal without some sort of feedback mechanism.
Maybe something for next winter, though, now that spring is in the air.

Did a great session the other day of sufferfest revolver on the laptop, integrated with trainer road - min on / min off at 150%ftp x 16. Unsteady on the feet after that one.

Sorry mate but what is a turbo?

A stationary trainer - like one of these:

T2600_Tacx_Blue_Motion_trainer_back_1207.jpg

You fit your normal bike into it and it provides resistance like riding on the road. Road cyclists use them a lot in winter when it's dark, cold and icy out on the roads.

Love the turbo.. I usually run to/from work a couple of times a week (about 5-8km each way depending which route I take), and then quite often I'll jump on the Turbo for 45-60 mins and turn it into a brick session. Get all my training in during the day and be done with it even before the Mrs is home.. keeps our household in relative harmony.

Anyone tried the Atkins diet plan (or similar low carb v high protein plan) at all? I'm currently in training for mma & been asked to go on this as a fat cutting tool whilst still being able to train, gain strength etc.

Only been doing it for a week & finding it OK, but any decent recipies gladly received as finding it a bit repetitive!

Anyone tried the Atkins diet plan (or similar low carb v high protein plan) at all? I'm currently in training for mma & been asked to go on this as a fat cutting tool whilst still being able to train, gain strength etc.

Only been doing it for a week & finding it OK, but any decent recipies gladly received as finding it a bit repetitive!
I don't think the atkins is a very good way to get in shape for MMA,

something like a paleo would be more appropriate I reckon slugger

I don't think the atkins is a very good way to get in shape for MMA,

something like a paleo would be more appropriate I reckon slugger

Been doing mma for several years, its more being used as a driver for an upcoming tournament (my first!!). Its not really to get in shape as it were, more to round out my last few pounds & work on adding more muscle mass in general.

The people who are train with are fantastic & feel that this would be a good plan in the short term to follow for a month or so (I manage an restaurant so getting a regular eating pattern, as I work shifts, along with maintaining a healthy diet very tricky for me). Just looking for any wisdom from people that have done it before as the meals available seem very repetitive.

Been doing mma for several years, its more being used as a driver for an upcoming tournament (my first!!). Its not really to get in shape as it were, more to round out my last few pounds & work on adding more muscle mass in general.

The people who are train with are fantastic & feel that this would be a good plan in the short term to follow for a month or so (I manage an restaurant so getting a regular eating pattern, as I work shifts, along with maintaining a healthy diet very tricky for me). Just looking for any wisdom from people that have done it before as the meals available seem very repetitive.
well that's sort of my point chum, I think with a paleo type deal you're gonna get same if not better fat loss, and there's more variety in the meals,

some good cauli recipes here mate, sure that fits in with atkins...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/cauliflower-not-carbs#.ajajGOBXp

oh and good luck in the tournament!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back