Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice one,flaming hard thing to do , I've been trying since turn of the year but only lost 3 lbs last time I looked,only a decent dump I reckon !.
Haha I always weigh meself after a dump.keep at it mate its a great feeling seeing the effort get rewarded

Anyone a member of a 'The Gym Group' gyms? I'm moving house this weekend and there's one 5 mins from my house. Apparently their dumbells only go up to 30kg, which is a bit lame. Do they generally have normal bench presses though?

I use my local one. As you say, the dumbbells are very light, but apart from that they do alright. Cheap as chips too and open 24/7.

Anyone a member of a 'The Gym Group' gyms? I'm moving house this weekend and there's one 5 mins from my house. Apparently their dumbells only go up to 30kg, which is a bit lame. Do they generally have normal bench presses though?

Yeah i'm a member of the one in Liverpool 1. Not too bad, gets quite packed, literally rammed around peak hour.

Maximum 30kg dumbells, they have 2 racks and 1 smith machine so you do have the opportunity to bladder the weight on them. Free weights area isn't as big as it should be in Liverpool

But for £15 and the facts its 30 seconds from mine I can't complain

Anyone got any info on using Creatine ? Experiences ? ...

In the last couple of days i've started to use it, obviously in the ' loading ' phase for a week. Currently drinking gallons upon gallons of water and find myself constantly farting. Drinking so much water that im pissing every couple of hours, its crazy.

30KG for one dumb-bell ?

Thats over 60 lbs. Thats a decent size.

Signed up for the Liverpool Marathon today, was supposed to do San Diego half Marathon at the start of this month as I'm in The States with work but was on duty that weekend.

I've never ran further than 12/13 miles before so I know it's going to be hard but I've downloaded a 12 week programme.

I'll be over the moon once I've done it as its a ridiculous distance, fair play to anyone who's done one, but I'm not really looking forward to the training part!

In the last couple of days i've started to use it, obviously in the ' loading ' phase for a week. Currently drinking gallons upon gallons of water and find myself constantly farting. Drinking so much water that im pissing every couple of hours, its crazy.

I used it when I was away with work years ago. I didn't really like it as I didn't see much difference.

I done 4 and a half months in Afghan and the lad I trained with used it, we both started pretty much the same level. He got stronger quicker and looked quite a bit bigger at the end of it. So it worked well for him.

We both plateud around the same weights we were lifting by the end of it, he lost his strength and size quicker when he sacked training off once he got home. Probably the only down side for him.

Probably works different for different people, depending on your body type. I might have used it wrong though.

Are you taking it with protein?

Pretty rare to have a bad reaction to it.
I use it, but only 4-5g/day, nowhere near the 20g or so that some folk do.

It's generally accepted that creatine works for most people.

Here's a good link to explain what Creatine does and how it works

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne13.htm

When using it for bodybuilding purposes, you need to make sure your workouts are utilising higher reps, don't work out in the 6-8 rep range or you'll get no benefit from it. Creatine helps strength endurance (10 reps and up), you can get an extra rep or two out if you're on it and respond well to it.

If you eat a lot of red meat, you might not notice much notable benefit form supplementing creatine.

Signed up for the Liverpool Marathon today, was supposed to do San Diego half Marathon at the start of this month as I'm in The States with work but was on duty that weekend.

I've never ran further than 12/13 miles before so I know it's going to be hard but I've downloaded a 12 week programme.

I'll be over the moon once I've done it as its a ridiculous distance, fair play to anyone who's done one, but I'm not really looking forward to the training part!

You'll be fine. My longest run was 15 miles for my recent marathon, although I did go up to about 21 miles when I trained for the one before. The longer the race the more you have to respect pacing and holding back at the start.
In a marathon the first 10k should feel really easy, start working the 2nd 10k, keep it steady in the 3rd 10k, then the last 12k you should still have plenty something left in the tank, because it starts to hurt in those last few miles, but if you've judged it properly then you should not fall apart (too much).
Listen to podcasts like Runner Academy while training and you can pick up loads of good tips.

Here's a good link to explain what Creatine does and how it works

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne13.htm

When using it for bodybuilding purposes, you need to make sure your workouts are utilising higher reps, don't work out in the 6-8 rep range or you'll get no benefit from it. Creatine helps strength endurance (10 reps and up), you can get an extra rep or two out if you're on it and respond well to it.

If you eat a lot of red meat, you might not notice much notable benefit form supplementing creatine.

Don't think that's true.

Pretty rare to have a bad reaction to it.
I use it, but only 4-5g/day, nowhere near the 20g or so that some folk do.

It's generally accepted that creatine works for most people.
I've been loading for the last few days using 20g a day. Taking 5g every 4 hours or so.

My plan

Week 1 - 20g a day (5g x 4)
Weeks 2 to 8 - 5g a day

Then off for a week. Now my question is, do you go back to the loading phase after your weeks rest from it, or just back to the 5g ? I suppose i could just do a bit of research but thought i would ask in here and get some ideas/advice.

Also... With me now trying Creatine, should i continue taking my Amino Acid supplement or swerve it ? Will it make a difference ? Too much ?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back