Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Fitness LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it when I was away with work years ago. I didn't really like it as I didn't see much difference.

I done 4 and a half months in Afghan and the lad I trained with used it, we both started pretty much the same level. He got stronger quicker and looked quite a bit bigger at the end of it. So it worked well for him.

We both plateud around the same weights we were lifting by the end of it, he lost his strength and size quicker when he sacked training off once he got home. Probably the only down side for him.

Probably works different for different people, depending on your body type. I might have used it wrong though.

Are you taking it with protein?

I am having a protein shake in an evening after my workout and im mixing my final 5g (as im loading) a day with my shake.

I've been loading for the last few days using 20g a day. Taking 5g every 4 hours or so.

My plan

Week 1 - 20g a day (5g x 4)
Weeks 2 to 8 - 5g a day

Then off for a week. Now my question is, do you go back to the loading phase after your weeks rest from it, or just back to the 5g ? I suppose i could just do a bit of research but thought i would ask in here and get some ideas/advice.

Also... With me now trying Creatine, should i continue taking my Amino Acid supplement or swerve it ? Will it make a difference ? Too much ?

Bit out of my comfort zone here, but that sounds like a pretty standard protocol. I don't know if it matters that much if you go back to re-loading phase.. I wouldn't have thought so, or maybe not a full reload, but say 10g/day.

Creatine's safe to use with other supps - I've read in various places that creatine and whey work well together, so you should be fine to stick with the AAs.

Strength has gone through the roof, now up to 13st 6. Put on a stone in the last 8 weeks. Diet has been good and I train to the point I want to throw up. I love it! Next stop 14 stone by the next 5 weeks!

Don't think that's true.

There's a simple reason behind why power lifters prefer 5's as an upper limit, and bodybuilders tend to stick to the 10-12 rep range.

If 6-8 yielded better size gains, it would be the most dominant rep range used by bodybuilders. It simply isn't.

If you want a good reference, pick up a copy of
Science and Practice of Strength Training by Vladimir M. Zatsiorsky William J. Kraemer

It's easy to get hold of and a good read.

Some arl fella changed the music in the gym before to all old 60s and 70s stuff and got a few groans, next thing the Everton song ' here we go ' came blasting out the speakers. Everyone in there starts singing along

Boss it's put me in a great mood for the day

After putting on 2.5 stone since Ibiza last year its time to cut down.

Started no carb today (30g or below) and ate high protein and high fat, tracked it all.

But i feel utter crap this evening, headaches, blurred vision etc is this normal to start?

Use MCT oil, and some coconut oil too if you're budget can stretch. They pretty much take most of the pain away from the transition, and plenty of caffeine also helps

I should probably add James that I prefer to go moderate carb before shifting to a Keto diet, it also makes the transition less painful. Some white rice and/ or sweet potato in the evenings and staying low/ zero carb in the day.

Just be careful you don't get light headed, if you feel that you are make sure you have some blueberries to hand and don't be frightened of eating some fruit. Stick to the berries if you can though.

Last edited:
anyone get headaches very suddenly during running,am now reaching 7-8 km mark, last weekend got a severe headache in the space of 50 meters and had to stop quickly,again this morning , but this time within 500 metres of starting.

anyone get headaches very suddenly during running,am now reaching 7-8 km mark, last weekend got a severe headache in the space of 50 meters and had to stop quickly,again this morning , but this time within 500 metres of starting.

Sounds like dehydration mate. Make sure you drink before and during.

yeah, that was what I put it down to on the weekend as I was around 7 km and it came on so quickly, ( in the space of 50 meters ).so I'd drank over 2 pints setting off this morning and didn't make it to the end of the road.

Oh dear..
you need to dispell this dehydration myth - it's extremely rare, and certainly should not be an issue over 8km on anything other than an extremely hot day. Those article saying "you lose x% of performance when you get just 1 or 2% dehydrated" are unfounded and inaccurate, and are simply not backed up by any sort of science.
Far more dangerous if you drink with impunity through fear of dehydration is water toxication (aka Hyponatremeia, which incidentally is also what killed Leah Betts). Google "Tim Noakes Hydration" if you really want the skinny.

Oh dear..
you need to dispell this dehydration myth - it's extremely rare, and certainly should not be an issue over 8km on anything other than an extremely hot day. Those article saying "you lose x% of performance when you get just 1 or 2% dehydrated" are unfounded and inaccurate, and are simply not backed up by any sort of science.
Far more dangerous if you drink with impunity through fear of dehydration is water toxication (aka Hyponatremeia, which incidentally is also what killed Leah Betts). Google "Tim Noakes Hydration" if you really want the skinny.

Well I get tired and headaches when i've not drank enough. Don't need a book to tell me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back