GOT Wrestle Fest Fan Thread

I'm not sure even Bret Hart would get a match out of Sonny Kiss. Worst Cody match I have ever seen.

FTR and Lucha Bros. are brilliant imo and a good match. Thought the finish was a great idea

I don't know what it is about Brian Cage, but there's something missing there. He can work, but there is just a disparity between his wrestling style and persona that I can't put my finger on.

Totally needless as well. Kills suspension of disbelief having half a dozen blokes waiting to catch them, so it actively goes against the quality of match, and the risk of injury is massive.

It's what is wrong with modern wrestling - just a bunch of spot monkeys.
Not my cup of tea either . I fully respect the agility and power involved with these kind of moves but I prefer the more methodical approach like Bret , Steamboat or the man whose name shouldn't be mentioned .
Saying that though my favourite match ever was Regal Vs Finlay in WCW . So stiff but you can tell both of them were really enjoying beating their best mate up .
The most recent match that captivated me was Cesaro and Sami Zayn , best of 3 in NXT. Incredible match .
I do enjoy AEW though , some great things going on especially Jake and MJF . What a bar steward . Love a good heel .

Not my cup of tea either . I fully respect the agility and power involved with these kind of moves but I prefer the more methodical approach like Bret , Steamboat or the man whose name shouldn't be mentioned .
Saying that though my favourite match ever was Regal Vs Finlay in WCW . So stiff but you can tell both of them were really enjoying beating their best mate up .
The most recent match that captivated me was Cesaro and Sami Zayn , best of 3 in NXT. Incredible match .
I do enjoy AEW though , some great things going on especially Jake and MJF . What a bar steward . Love a good heel .

I wish AEW would put on more stuff like Cody and Dustins match at Double or Nothing last year with storytelling and proper ring psychology, and less goofy, no selling flippy floppy stuff. They have a world of potential, but they don't seem even slightly interested in fullfulling it. We really haven't seen much of the "sports based" content they promised. They don't even seem to take their own product seriously.

And I agree, there aren't many whose in-ring styles I've appreciated more than Regals. The man was brilliant.

Another superb podcast from Jim Cornette, where he reviews both NXT and AEW Dynamite. Well worth a listen. I was looking forward to his thoughts on Cody vs SK and he didn't disappoint.

There seems to be a few of us on here so why not have our own thread hey?!

Decent Raw last night if anyone saw it.

Guest host for Wrestlemania has to be The Rock I think.

Anyone got any info on who the 2/21/11 superstar will be? Internet rumours suggest Sting which would be ace. However it's probably just Taker.

Rumours of returns of Jericho, Goldberg and weirdly Awesome Kong showing up are making the mania build up look good.

What do you others think?

Oh, and I hate Michael Cole....

...but love Kelly Kelly

Kelly_Kelly.jpg
Think it should be headed 'Meatheads Forum'

H
I'm not sure even Bret Hart would get a match out of Sonny Kiss. Worst Cody match I have ever seen.

FTR and Lucha Bros. are brilliant imo and a good match. Thought the finish was a great idea

I don't know what it is about Brian Cage, but there's something missing there. He can work, but there is just a disparity between his wrestling style and persona that I can't put my finger on.
Hello mate hope you are well tonight.

Gutted to hear that the guy who got me into wrestling as a kid died today.

Mark "Rollerball" Rocco was so ahead of his time, a tremendous heel and although I kind of watched wrestling when I was about 5-6 years old on World of Sport it was Rocco (and Adrian Street) who made me stand up and notice it. Moves off the ropes, cheating, proper promos etc he was so different to the other wrestlers of the time.

MJFs promo was unreal last night

Thought it was a poor man's CM punk pipe bomb tbh...

Meant very little to me as Moxley isn't a main event talent, or having an eventful title reign, and there was zero sense that MJF was shooting on real backstage politics...... Also not sure on the wisdom of aew pointing out that their champion is a cosplay Stone Cold Steve Austin, which in itself is half the reason the wrestling industry is where its at...

MJF can cut a promo, but for me this was nothing special...

Thought it was a poor man's CM punk pipe bomb tbh...

Meant very little to me as Moxley isn't a main event talent, or having an eventful title reign, and there was zero sense that MJF was shooting on real backstage politics...... Also not sure on the wisdom of aew pointing out that their champion is a cosplay Stone Cold Steve Austin, which in itself is half the reason the wrestling industry is where its at...

MJF can cut a promo, but for me this was nothing special...

Disagree re Moxley tbh. He seems to have a genuinely positive impact on their ratings, and any assessment of his reign has to be viewed through the lens of audience-less shows and Covid19 generally. He was more over with crowds than anyone on the roster prior to lockdown. Nowhere near the actual wrestler Austin was though, and he needs to start actually fighting in the effing ring.

I think comparing it to one of the best promos that ever happened in wrestling is either unfair or demonstrating the sort of company it's keeping. He's a great lad, it was an excellent feud-setting promo and I can't wait for his feud with Moxley which will, hopefully, culminate in him taking the belt of him at AoN

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back