Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

GOT Wrestle Fest Fan Thread

Punk interview was interesting. He was right about some aspects of AEW but ultimately he is a tool and you know he paints his picture as I am a hard man. He definitely got a WWE call before ALL IN. He is a grown man with years of experience yet cries like a utter baby.

On WWE, bored of Rock, totally ruined Mania and made it about him so he'll cost Roman, disappear (like Roman will) and show up at the Rumble trying to main event next year.

The Punk interview was very good. Its laughable really, for months and months stories have been "leaked" about Punk, portraying him in the worst possible light and yet after he gives one single interview (with a legitimate reporter) telling his side of the story, he's accused of crying and causing trouble, while the people slandering him via the dirtsheets because they don't have the guts to just say what they think outright are considered fine and dandy. It just proves that there's some very strange people in the IWC. Because the level of hate for him is just weird. Its not even like he was massively disrespectful in that interview or said anything that most people couldn't have pieced together for themselves anyway......

The Punk interview was very good. Its laughable really, for months and months stories have been "leaked" about Punk, portraying him in the worst possible light and yet after he gives one single interview (with a legitimate reporter) telling his side of the story, he's accused of crying and causing trouble. It just proves that there's some very strange people in the IWC. Because the level of hate for him is just weird. Its not even like he was massively disrespectful in that interview or said anything that most people couldn't have pieced together for themselves anyway......

Punk strikes me as a bit of a gobshite and probably very difficult to work with. But I think any honest wrestling fan would recognise his evaluation of Tony Khan and the problems with AEW as mostly accurate and true

The Punk interview was very good. Its laughable really, for months and months stories have been "leaked" about Punk, portraying him in the worst possible light and yet after he gives one single interview (with a legitimate reporter) telling his side of the story, he's accused of crying and causing trouble, while the people slandering him via the dirtsheets because they don't have the guts to just say what they think outright are considered fine and dandy. It just proves that there's some very strange people in the IWC. Because the level of hate for him is just weird. Its not even like he was massively disrespectful in that interview or said anything that most people couldn't have pieced together for themselves anyway......
It really is weird.

Punk strikes me as one of the most "normal" people in wrestling.

Nail on the head

I don't hate Punk but I think he was very petty over AEW.

I think he did some stuff and Elite did stuff but ultimately he is right over AEW but I think he will rock the boat at WWE soon enough

I remember him trashing WWE on podcasts constantly after he left there as well.

Nothing is ever Phil's fault. "I just choked someone a little bit" lol

That's not to say all of his criticism of either company is entirely unfair.

I remember him trashing WWE on podcasts constantly after he left there as well.

Nothing is ever Phil's fault. "I just choked someone a little bit" lol

That's not to say all of his criticism of either company is entirely unfair.
He didn't "trash" AEW though. He got asked a set of questions in the only interview he's given since leaving and answered them. Its not like he's spread lies and disinformation like the guys at Tony Kahn's play wrestling league did.

Plenty of stuff is his fault anyway. Its just the laughable nonsense from the gang of kids in AEW isn't one of them. Jack Parry got in Punks face after deliberately trying to cause trouble and all because Punk told him (after being asked by several parties to do so) to not to cut himself on glass!😂

Punk has been in the business for 20 years and only in AEW did he seem to have major issues.

People forget that he was in WWE for nearly ten years and whilst he may have had issues with some people backstage he wasn’t really a problem.

This is all on AEW.

The bucks going to Meltzer to stir the pot constantly.

Page going into business for himself.

Jack Perry acting like a child

Tony failing to control any of it.

I imagine it’s a frustrating place to be for ex WWE guys when they see how unprofessional the whole set up is.

It’s a company for marks. Mark fans and mark wrestlers who live on the internet.

If punks body holds up he’ll have an all time great run. If not, he’ll be a manager or work in NXT and be a lifer at WWE.

Meanwhile AEW will slowly go out of business as they lose their TV deal and lose all their big stars as they get bored performing in half empty arenas with hardly anyone watching at home.

It’s been a massive failure and the only person who could have drawn real numbers to the product was forced out by a bunch of children.

Punk has been in the business for 20 years and only in AEW did he seem to have major issues.

People forget that he was in WWE for nearly ten years and whilst he may have had issues with some people backstage he wasn’t really a problem.

This is all on AEW.

The bucks going to Meltzer to stir the pot constantly.

Page going into business for himself.

Jack Perry acting like a child

Tony failing to control any of it.

I imagine it’s a frustrating place to be for ex WWE guys when they see how unprofessional the whole set up is.

It’s a company for marks. Mark fans and mark wrestlers who live on the internet.

If punks body holds up he’ll have an all time great run. If not, he’ll be a manager or work in NXT and be a lifer at WWE.

Meanwhile AEW will slowly go out of business as they lose their TV deal and lose all their big stars as they get bored performing in half empty arenas with hardly anyone watching at home.

It’s been a massive failure and the only person who could have drawn real numbers to the product was forced out by a bunch of children.
I agree with some points but it's a new company so it will have some bad faults and exciting stuff too however honestly take your straight edge glasses off and you'll see Phil isn't the Messiah.

You have big talent like Joe, Sting, Mix, Danielson etc who have no issues and work well with newer talent and promote new stars like Hook, MJF, Strickland etc

I know The Elite have more fingers in the pie then they should but they took a big leap of faith to start AEW.

You look at WWE and it's a graveyard of mids with a cameo of 50/60 year old. If you are pinning your hopes on CM Punk being fit and not getting into an bother with talent, it will be a good run until The Rock wants to do whatever he wants.

I want competition and it makes wrestling better for both brands and let's face it, WWE was terrible when AEW wasn't around so it only made both brands better

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back