GOT Wrestle Fest Fan Thread

Mate this obviously total bollocks. Cornette has more enemies than Allardyce has had meat pies, if it were true it would have come out years ago.

Probably a case of Cornette making a crass joke back in the day that 1 or 2 people took literally. To be honest though if it is somehow true, is it really a big deal? Middle-age couple are into swinging, how bizarre. Not my cup of tea but it's hardly noncing or raping.

I mean, the accusations against his wife weren't great. Granted it was her accused of grooming, and not him, but if the shouts of "you had to be with her to get somewhere with him" are provable, he's in trouble.

Mate this obviously total bollocks. Cornette has more enemies than Allardyce has had meat pies, if it were true it would have come out years ago.

Probably a case of Cornette making a crass joke back in the day that 1 or 2 people took literally. To be honest though if it is somehow true, is it really a big deal? Middle-age couple are into swinging, how bizarre. Not my cup of tea but it's hardly noncing or raping.

Tbh, the more I think of it, the less it really makes a difference. For better or for worse, the focus will be on female victims. Even if there was an element of coercion involved in Corny's weird hot tub sessions, it will be taken less seriously because the victims were men. It's not right, but it's the truth

Just generally you can read the lies on some of the statements.

Like the Matt riddle one, she didn't know it wasn't ok he forced her to do something?

Almost like #metoo wasn't a worldwide movement......

I can imagine some are true and some aren't. The Gallagher and Starr ones are seeing as though they have been fired from the..

So, this is a bit weird for me as I know a fair few of the people implicated in all this, been out drinking with them and I thought, got to know them quite well.

it’s an utterly bizarre situation, but the duality some of them must have to be utterly socially incompetent in most situations but turn into absolute beasts around people who give them acclaim blows my mind.

a few have been tied in pretty tenuously for acting like bellends in DMs, but also some are just not the people I thought I knew

I’ve seen a few tweets that mention people must have known, but it’s not like any of them ever burst into a gym and relayed their last sexual assault.

The grapple game is weird, I’ve heard stories of lads banging someone else’s partner and it being overlooked because they are perceived as being higher up the food chain.

But yeah, a load of social inadequates being weird because they have a little bit of power shouldn’t be shocking, but it is.

That WWE 5 part Undertaker The Last Ride doc has been brilliant viewing

Yes excellent...a great send off too, very unique way to bow out... It's not the end he probably wanted, no fans around for his final match, but really hope he sees he'll get no better finale....hope he doesn't get the itch again next March/April...he can return next year for the Hall of fame, and get his big goodbye in front of the fans then...

To be honest the Cornette stuff sounds like total bollocks, the screenshots of supposed DMs from his wife are meant to be fake. Also, wouldn't something like that have come out years ago if it supposedly happened to multiple people?

He's been getting plenty of attention recently by ripping into current wrestling and the over the top matches. His rants have been doing big numbers and we know how fragile most modern wrestlers are, especially the indie ones. This stinks of someone trying to get him cancelled.
Just read it. Obvious total nonsense.

I do want to believe the Carmella stuff though lol lol lol

Think you lads were right. Cornette podcast special on the matter is a very thorough dismantling of the accusation and the accuser. Cornette's a swinger, nothing more to see

Think you lads were right. Cornette podcast special on the matter is a very thorough dismantling of the accusation and the accuser. Cornette's a swinger, nothing more to see

Highlights the problem with the presumption of guilt/trial by social media issues we have with modern society. Anyone can say anything and they should be believed automatically as "the victim".

He made a great point that I alluded too, if he was some devilish groomer of wrestlers wouldn't his many enemies have used it against him well before now? He's rubbed an awful lot of people the wrong way over the years and called people some horrendous things, don't you think if these stories were well known or had an ounce of credibility someone would have used them against him before now?

It's a never-was wannabe wrestler trying to get him cancelled because he's been slaughtering their style of performing.

Wresting these last few months have been DREADFUL. They go through patches of excellent writing to not giving a piss. :( I just want some consistency with WWE. AEW atleast has some excitement and Orange Cassidy is the best in the world

The Jim Cornette response podcast pretty much garrotes the accusations completely.

He gives a very thorough and detailed explanation for everything he or Stacey were accused of.

He's clearly telling the truth too because he sounds quite gutted to be publicly discussing his sex life in order to clear his name and the name of his wife. If he was going to lie then why would he cough to so much.

The top and bottom of it is that he's a bit of a swinger and someone has decided to try and use it drag his name because they don't like him. Then all of the other people who don't like him because he criticizes their favourite wrestlers and even some of the wrestlers themselves jumped all over it.

Jim being into some funky sex stuff does not make his critiques of AEW, The Young Bucks, Janela or Omega untrue.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back