Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have won nothing but Kevin Campbell is putting a few of our heroes to shame, having been lucky enough to meet him more than once I’m not surprised.
It's embarrassing that we had to sit through the media putting dirt on the fanbase because they had been fed lies by the club and the few that have spoke up aren't even close to being the most worshipped in the club's history.

You'd have thought the players who got all that love in the 80s would try and give some of it back in a time when the actual club turned on the fans. Everyone is free to do as they please I guess but it is just disappointing really.

There have been protests for ages at utd but can't remember players being stopped by supporters as they go home.
That said if they hadn't won in 14 games then that probably would happen. Trouble for us though is no team is that bad and it hasn't, making us looking like a unique basket case.

What Sharp is saying (if true) is correct, those pictures were terrible and try AG leaving his 'boyhood' club the optics don't look great - even though he was going to go anyway.
But what he is not saying there is the part the board played in all that. He was part of the machine that tried to paint the fans in a bad light and the board as victims of brutality. That and by not turning up at Southampton built up the anger to level 10 and somehow they allowed players to leave Goodison separately or without protection around the closest streets. Did they want that to happen? As it was going to be likely to have pockets of irate fans around.

They need to go for what they started. But we as fans haven't helped ourselves here either.

Several Utd fans were arrested after hundreds stormed Old Trafford; one for glassing a Policeman.
They also caused the game to be called off.

I'd say that's far worse than what happened to Gordon (I don't condone that at all by the way).

Neither is in anyway productive to what the greater good want and are trying to achieve but Utd really aren't a good example mate.

Several Utd fans were arrested after hundreds stormed Old Trafford; one for glassing a Policeman.
They also caused the game to be called off.

I'd say that's far worse than what happened to Gordon (I don't condone that at all by the way).

Neither is in anyway productive to what the greater good want and are trying to achieve but Utd really aren't a good example mate.

Didn’t they also barricade the outside of the team hotel in Manchester so the team bus couldn’t get to the ground.

What happened after the Saints game here pales into insignificance compared to what happened that day.

what an upside down world we live in when a RS we hate , whose more famous amongst us for spitting at kids than the trophies he’s lifted and wouldn’t be able to walk through our fans without being given the height of abuse does more to protect and defend those fans than 99.9% of the men we’ve hero worshipped for decades.

All these fellas that had their names sung , cheered to the rafters , glad handed when they’re seen, offered drinks in bars , over priced tickets bought to see them retell recycled stories and the opportunity to buy a cheap Signed photo for £50 , they All seem incapable of opening their collective mouths. As the National and international media battered and demonised the fanbase us barely a whisper , with the noteable exceptions , as so many have sought to find excuses and exclaim “what can they do “. Then on the biggest broadcaster an ex RS who usually trolls us for fun and mocked our star player last year calls out the board for demonising an entire fanbase whilst challenging and questioning the conduct of those running the club

I hope a lot of ex players saw that and felt embarrassed, I suspect they’ll care not a jot as it feels like you couldn’t redden most of their necks with a blowtorch .

Bravo, Harry :pint2:

He's literally on the board to make up numbers. We need a certain number of executive directors, when Brands went we were below the numbers needed so Sharp was put in.
No he wasn’t. He was brought onto the board to (checks notes…)

“Utilise his wealth of knowledge of the game – which he has amassed over more than four decades – to provide valuable input into the Club’s football strategy.”

He’s smashing it so far…

No he wasn’t. He was brought onto the board to (checks notes…)

“Utilise his wealth of knowledge of the game – which he has amassed over more than four decades – to provide valuable input into the Club’s football strategy.”

He’s smashing it so far…
My favourite analogy for that would be like asking an F1 driver like Alonso, who's driven for many years, to build an F1 car from scratch.

Surely he knows all about it, he's amassed all this knowledge from driving more than 2 decades at this point....

lol

My favourite analogy for that would be like asking an F1 driver like Alonso, who's driven for many years, to build an F1 car from scratch.

Surely he knows all about it, he's amassed all this knowledge from driving more than 2 decades at this point....

lol

More like asking Nigel Mansell who hasn’t had anything to do with the sport since the early 90s.

More like asking Nigel Mansell who hasn’t had anything to do with the sport since the early 90s.
Exactly, the last thing that Sharp had done in the game was bailing out of Oldham before he relegated them 25 years ago. Since then the only involvement he’s had in football is showing fans around Goodison on stadium tours. Ridiculous he’s even employed by the club in anything actually football related.

A club legend player, but now just a face for the board.
Just being used to portray a wonderful relationship between ' Board and Fans ' ?

I actually liked what Stubbsy said the other day.

Ha ha you're absolutely joking surely?!

Cahill is 100 times worse than Sharp.

Latter is criticised for not standing up to Kenwright and criticising the board (without anyone knowing details) yet Cahill was the patsy of the Qatar World Cup as one of its key ambassadors and took the millions instead of speaking against all the human rights abuses and LGBT issues.

Sharp may be criticised for many things but Cahill has taken millions to defend an evil regime. Not just defend it but promote it. Have you seen the many awkward videos?

Now that really is scum. And as far as I know he's still doing it. At least for Beckham it was a one off gig. Cahill should never even be allowed into Goodison never mind working there.
FIV_b9ZWQAYLl6W.jpg

I'd take the panda over sharp.

He should be using all of his means available to fight to get fans onside. If it was me I would be on talksport and sky sports even radio city, every single day doing interviews talking up the club. How wonderful the fans were, are and how they will keep the club up again.

Or he could just say nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.